Mac Digital download problem

I downloaded the Mac Digital version from eSellerate, paid for it, and now when I click to start WSM 2009, I get directed to eSellerate again (as if I have not bought it already) when I close that i get the 'the application WSM 2009 v9.2.0 f 30318 quit unexpectedly'....

so now what, how do I get it operating?

In the username/library/preference/sport interactive folder there is a folder 'WSM 2009' then a folder 'Version 901' and it contains console.xml, esellerat license and temporary folder.

Can anyone help. The digital download for Mac is recent...

Still searching for an answer.

I went and downloaded the WSM patch 2.0 and now I am no longer directed to eSellerate when I open the WSM 2009 application. However, I still get 'the application WSM 2009 V2.9.0 quit unexpectedly' so I still cannot play....

Anyone? Any suggestions?

It seems to be a fairly common problem but I haven't seen a definitive solution (hopefully someone else can be more helpful) - a couple of the suggestions that possibly got results:

Clear cache

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

And, try installing outside of the application folder.

Hope that helps at all :)

Alright, but that still leaves me in a situation where I have no way of playing the game.

Hopefully someone from SI will see this post and help out.

Again, when I launch WSM 2009 I get 'the application WSM 2009 v9.2.0 f 30311 quit unexpectedly' message.

I purchased the Mac Digital download from eSellerate, it downloaded just fine, and my WSM 2009 app is located in my 'Application' folder.

I downloaded the WSM 2009 Mac Patch from the SI site, but that has not changed a thing.

I also deleted the 'cache'.

I also have tried going <user name>/library/preferences/Sport Interactice and deleting the sport interactive folder, however, again no success.

Now approaching 24 hours and no game play yet.....any suggestions? any SI techs out there to help?

I live in Canada and downloading the digital Mac version is the only way to get WSM 2009, as Amazon.com won't ship to Canada and Amazon.ca (canadian site) does not carry the game....so after waiting 2 months for Mac Download I still cannot start playing.....

Alright, but that still leaves me in a situation where I have no way of playing the game.

Hopefully someone from SI will see this post and help out.

Again, when I launch WSM 2009 I get 'the application WSM 2009 v9.2.0 f 30311 quit unexpectedly' message.

I purchased the Mac Digital download from eSellerate, it downloaded just fine, and my WSM 2009 app is located in my 'Application' folder.

I downloaded the WSM 2009 Mac Patch from the SI site, but that has not changed a thing.

I also deleted the 'cache'.

I also have tried going <user name>/library/preferences/Sport Interactice and deleting the sport interactive folder, however, again no success.

Now approaching 24 hours and no game play yet.....any suggestions? any SI techs out there to help?

I live in Canada and downloading the digital Mac version is the only way to get WSM 2009, as Amazon.com won't ship to Canada and Amazon.ca (canadian site) does not carry the game....so after waiting 2 months for Mac Download I still cannot start playing.....

Hiya mate, I had to buy the digital version last night as my boxed version was stolen from my apartment. I live in the US and purchased the Football Manager version and it installed fine for me. I was playing off the demo for a while, so I had to uninstall all of the demo before I installed the FM09. Not sure if this will help, but see if you can buy the FM09 version.

Why would I go buy the game again....WSM 2009 should work just fine....but I am not getting any answers from SI and I am running out of ideas.

I meant, email the company whom you got the game from and ask if you can download the other version without having to purcahse a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so after not getting an answer from SI/Sega for more than 10 days, regarding how to get my WSM 2009 to launch on my Mac (I kept getting the 'quit unexpectedly' message as I tried to launch it) I got bored yesterday and went and tried the application just for fun....

Guess what happens, the game actually Launches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am all excited to get started and when the main start up page appears it says:

'Disc not detected, please re-insert and try again'

Only problem is since I live in Canada and you cannot get the boxed version (which has a disc) I bought and downloaded from eSellerate.

Now the question I have for anyone who can help, how do I get around this. I don't have a disc or dvd, as you would get from a box purchase. Don't forget I am working on a Mac.

I searched the forum but could not find an answer.

Anyone help?

Archived