C.Ronaldo

I don't usually play as Man Utd, but if I did. I'd try playing him up front with creative freedom much, free role etc. Just allow him to do as he pleases really. I'd say it'd still be hard to get him to score 42 goals in a season though. Unless you had long runs in all comps.

42 goals in a season is a freak occurance. His rep going before him, full backs psyched out before he even took to the field.

On the bench?

See them turn white as he started warming up.

This season he came back from injury and was pretty good, and is just getting back to his best. He WILL be incredible again, I have no doubt, but he will never score 42 goals in a season again. I think FM has him about right at the moment.

Nah, I play him AMR with lots of creative freedom and a free role, mixed crossing, run with ball often, no thru balls or long shots, forward runs often and arrows to the CF position but it's no good, he's on 12 for the season with only a few games left to play. His average rating is fantastic though, and he's a beast for assists, something like 42 of those I think.

In my Man utd save he's 32 now and two seasons ago I started him retraining as a striker. Last season he scored 30 goals and was top scorer in the EPL, looks like he's going to keep that rate going this season as well. Not at my pc at the mo, so cant remember his tally for this season so far right now, but will update with that figure when I get the chance:thup:

For me, Ronaldo's always played better on the left wing than the right in FM. He just tears apart defenses with a free role. It isn't that difficult to achieve 20 goals a season for someone like Ronaldo even if he's playing on the wing.

I think part of the reason he won't score 40+ in the game is because unlike real life, player condition drops too easily and doesn't let players get 50 apps a season without considerable drop in form or ability (Ronaldo played 49 games when he got 42 goals).

Archived