Professional foul, last man.......yellow card?

I've noticied a lot on my game (9.0.2) that when a striker is through on goal he can be tripped/fouled by the defender, with the culript getting away with just a yellow. This happens for both AI and Human controlled teams.

Now it's my understanding, in football that if a defender deliberately impedes a striker who is clean through, with no other defenders in sight, a red card should be produced?

18-WATP-73,

I believe you're right, but that might be question, only because of the FA Cup game on January 3rd, between Championship-side Derby County and non-league Conference-side Forest Green Rovers. The Derby attacker was closing on goal with only the Forest Green goalkeeper in his way (The keeper was clearly able to save the shot) and the referee produced a red card for the Forest Green defender that was tracking back and cut down the Derby attacker from behind in the penalty area. I would assume that the card was given for the tackle but reason in the referee report stated that it was given for "foul by the last defender on an obvious goal-scoring opportunity."

Archived