Desperate

Ok, I bought the game the day it came out and had nothing but problems with the activation, as from what i have read on here, a lot of you had. After days and days of goin down every avenue given on here to try and fix it, it just happened to work randomly. I got about a week, maybe two of playing with no problem before one day getting the error of a 'corrupt disk' whilst trying to load up the game.

I tried for weeks but kept getting the error and finally gave up with. I have now since bought a new copy of the game. So thats over £60 or however much it is just to try and play this game I've been playing for years.

I have installed the new game via Steam and am now up to the point of putting in my key code. However just before I can do that i'm getting the window..

'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for any incovenience.'

It gives me the option to debug or close, debug doesn't do anything and just takes me back to my desktop.

Is this my laptop or is the game itself?

All i want to do is play a game I've paid a lot of money for.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'll take anything.

Thank you.

Oh and if this is in the wrong forum then let me know and I'll move it.

Click on your start button, in the search box type dxdiag and it will bring them up! On the system tab, you will need the memory and processor speed. Then on the next tab which says display, get the graphics card and post them 3 things on here plus whether your using Vista/XP

Yep that all fine, they are a bit low in my opinion, below minmum specs for XP i believe. Which, as you have played it before, shouldnt be the issue.

The corrupt save game that happened first just happens im afraid, its to do with other programs interfering whilst the game is trying to save. Its usually anti-virus software so its worth turning that off or auto saving your game. It doesnt mean your FM is ruined, just the save game that you were playing unfortunately.

The fm.exe is a known issue, if you look at the top of this page it will say in red, "known issues and solutions". Thats your best bet to get this one fixed.

Letme know if you have any more probs and how you get on :thup:

I figured it would be my system but I can't work out why I got a week out of playing it? It played fine, a little slower than I'd like but it still played. Plus I've played the 07 and 08 version on this laptop with no problems what so ever.

So I take it a new laptop is in order?

Memory: 256MB RAM

Processor: Intel Pentium M processor 1500mhz

Bit lost on the graphics card thing, do you want the device? If so NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M

And I'm on XP

If I understand that correctly your specs are:

Intel Pentium M 1500Mhz processor

256MB of RAM

Win XP (home edition)

NVIDEA GeForce FX5200

32/64 MB

That is not reaching the minimum specs , which are:

PC System Requirements

For - Windows XP

Processor Speed - 1.4GHz

Memory 512MB

Videocard 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Only the Processor speed is OK (and only just enough) the rest is below minimum,

Your RAM is rather low for deffo,at least 512,but better still 1gig would improve it a hell of a lot,i also think your gfx card needs upgrading (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

Edit...Just read the back of the cover,it states 1gig of RAM

Its 1GB for Vista, and 512 mb for XP. I agree its low, which is why its baffling me how he has played it but sometimes these things do happen.

Yeah, just saw if after I posted, no idea why it doesn't run now.

Its a strange one, with the specs it shouldnt run, but the problems the chap has encountered well, one of them has probably happened to us all at some point (save game corrupt) and the other is fixable (fm.exe). Hope he gets it working!

You reckon uninstalling and re-installing it will do anything?

You can try, you just have to make sure all fm components and steam components are gone beforw you retry it. If you still have the older copy that the save game corrupted on, try using that one instead of the newer one.

I'm having a ****ing 'mare here. After uninstalling it its now saying 'Disk is not formatted. Windows cannot read from the disk. The disk might be corrupt, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.'

This is what it said on the first disk I used. Doesn't sound too good that does it.

Its a strange one, with the specs it shouldnt run, but the problems the chap has encountered well, one of them has probably happened to us all at some point (save game corrupt) and the other is fixable (fm.exe). Hope he gets it working!

Yeah, "Save game corrupt" error happend to me on each version of FM/CM in the past, normally when the savegame file becomes very big and unstable, so I normally didn't care and just started all over again.

The second, FM.exe is strange.

Did you also remove all registry entries for Steam (don't think you use it since you have the disk, but maybe for activation) and Sports Interactive before you reinstalled it?

Did help me once in the past.

Archived