How long does it take you to complete a season?

Hi all,

New here and only just started play FM 09 after getting as a chistmas pressie.

I was just wondering how long it takes you all to complete a season? I guess I actually mean a 12 month period....June - June. It has taken me about 8 hours overall and I wondered if this was normal or if there was anyway to speed it up?

Thanks all

Hi all,

New here and only just started play FM 09 after getting as a chistmas pressie.

I was just wondering how long it takes you all to complete a season? I guess I actually mean a 12 month period....June - June. It has taken me about 8 hours overall and I wondered if this was normal or if there was anyway to speed it up?

Thanks all

8 hrs is good. It takes me at least a week ..;)

Wow...quick responses.

Thanks all. Seems like I am progressing quite quickly then!

Is there any option I am missing that can change the speed of the processing of fixtures in between games?

Thanks again

The detail level. If you set it to minimum then the game will process faster.

i am in November of season 1 and i have played 11 hours in the game...says i lack practice......if only i could respond to that with 'i have a wife and a full time job and it isnt that easy to have full days playing the game anymore!!'.

A season in a day?!!! how on earth is that possible?

i am in November of season 1 and i have played 11 hours in the game...says i lack practice......if only i could respond to that with 'i have a wife and a full time job and it isnt that easy to have full days playing the game anymore!!'.

A season in a day?!!! how on earth is that possible?

Ain't that the truth! My wife is getting sick of me spending evenings on the computer and rolls her eyes when I politely tell her I am 2nd in the Premier League and I don't want to watch 2 fat ladies cooking!!! She doesn't understand. It took me a week to do a season (8-9 hours playing time). A season in a day is pretty impressive.

I have the house to myself tonight so when i get home I will be trying to get AFC Wimbledon up in the BSS!

Ain't that the truth! My wife is getting sick of me spending evenings on the computer and rolls her eyes when I politely tell her I am 2nd in the Premier League and I don't want to watch 2 fat ladies cooking!!! She doesn't understand. It took me a week to do a season (8-9 hours playing time). A season in a day is pretty impressive.

I have the house to myself tonight so when i get home I will be trying to get AFC Wimbledon up in the BSS!

i am glad somebody else is the same...i got in last night and she was snoozing on the sofa....and wanted me to sit down a while...so i went to get the laptop so that i could sit next to her and chat and also get on with FM, but she got in a right one that i wasnt paying her enough attention, so i shut the laptop as i need peace and quiet and a good karma around me to play!!... and your right if i try and show her how i am doing she shows no interest whatsoever......

oh for the evening to yourself.......bliss......i think i have one of those next friday as she off out......i am chomping at the bit thinking about it...this time next week.....

i dont want to get to 70 and have regrets that i didnt play enough FM and this is the way its going at the moment. ;)

forever :) i can be 2 weeks on a season, more sometimes, i watch extended highlights, but i am constantly searching for more players looking at the tactics, working out how such and such will happen.

if i get beat i'll try and figure out the problem then solve, usually i end up changing nothing though :) sometimes i am 1 game an hour

hard life being a manager you know :)

I am pretty sure I hold the record ...

The gameclock says "24 days, 20 Hours, 7 Minutes"... err... that is for 2 and a third seasons.

I'd guess about 4 of those days were "non-playing" time

I wonder how long before the game "burns out" for me.

:)

Archived