Offered Stupid Transfers??

Does one else keep getting offered transfer listed players for free, who would never in real life be offered for free

for example

Man City bought Ribery for 20.5 mil then 8 months later sold him to me for free. That would never happen in real life

Cardiff sold me Ledley for free aswell when he was transfer listed by request

Sevilla sold me Alfaro for free now he's worth like 6 mil

Monaco sold me Djamel Baker for free how selling him for 4 mil

been offered a few others like Pennant and Lupoli aswell

i know some of them you bat an eyelid at being offered for free but Ribery

P.s. only just finshed my 3rd season

The transfer system is not great but better than least year. I offered £20m for Vela and Arsenal turned it down. 3 week later they offered him to me for £5.25m, thanks very much ;)

Maybe they wanted him off the wage bill, a £20m loss to City is not really a problem for them.

Not an offer, but Alfreton my main rival in the BSN have just bought a player for £800,000, though they are described as rich (must of had a buyout) , there is not a chance any team in the BSN would pay that much for a player.

But i'm still gonna kick there asses with my team of free transfers :)

The transfer system is not great but better than least year. I offered £20m for Vela and Arsenal turned it down. 3 week later they offered him to me for £5.25m, thanks very much ;)

Maybe they wanted him off the wage bill, a £20m loss to City is not really a problem for them.

You could understand Man City wanting the wages off the bill but for free maybe 5-10 mil but not free

In my current save I was offered (brazillian AMC) Alex by Man city on a free when he was valued at around 15 million, I snapped him up and he was my best player by far, for years. Just checked his profile and noticed Man city had bought him the season before giving him to me, for 11.5 million and he only played 4 games for them.

Ive had a few players offered to me for free, and when I have made a bid for them a whole bunch of AI clubs have put in cash bids and mine got rejected. The sneaky AI was just using my teams bid to drum up interest in the player!

I havent had this issue since 9.2 though.

I strongly suspect that in order to allow Man City to spend their millions there must be a chairman or some other hidden stat that lowers their financial savvy. Otherwise they wouldn't spend much.

I'm not totally sure about this, but isn't it to do with a hidden manager stat (I can't be bothered firing-up the editor to find what it's called LOL) that determines how liberal he is on the transfer market? If you tone it down they'll only purchase necessary players, at least whilst he's there.

Heh, so some unrealistic **** happens and you still think is better than fm08? The AI transfer policy is ridiculous in fm09:thdn:

FM09 transfer system seems to have improved in a few areas but buying players then offering them for free a few weeks later is poor. I dont know why there isnt some kind of check in there to stop this strangeness.

I think this has been logged as a known problem and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch. Also AI teams don't renew the contracts of their best talents (Bojan) and seem to rarely buy for the future, with the result that if you play for a number of seasons all the other teams are stuffed full of ageing players.

• 2 weeks later...

Im playing Nottingham Forrest and Newcastle try to buy my best player, Choen, for £0 and, wait! .....a training match..... The next day they raised their bid to £1k and, yes, a training match. Stupid!

Transfers are not very realistic this time around either, although it's easier to sell players you want to get rid of now.

EDIT:

Rangers just tried the same trick, but they tried to buy Chambers, another good player! £0 and a training match!

And I'm not poor either. £4,7M in bank balance.

I'm not seeing any of this crazy stuff in my game lol, I see fringe players offered out at their value or below their value but thats it and in some cases can still be quite pricey.

Archived