Unrealistic

Is 15-1 against a grey team in the UEFA cup an unrealistic result?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Is 15-1 against a grey team in the UEFA cup an unrealistic result?

• Yes it is - you shouldnt be able to beat a team in europe with that scoreline
    • No it could happen in real life - therefore it is realistic

I just managed my first game with man city and won the UEFA Cup first qualifying round against some georgian team (something like zinipro) 15-1!!!

I thought that this was quite unrealistic which made me think - What does everyone else think of this result and are grey teams too easy too beat?

Aye, it is a pretty unrealistic score, very rarely see anything like that IRL but, to be perfectly honest, things like this in FM don't really bother me, all it really means is that City would have hammered them no matter what, the ME just got a little carried away

The most i ever beat another team on any FM is probably 10-0 or with a CL-winning side against some obscure grey team in a first round cup game.

So, 15-1 is definitely extreme. But... if in aunimaginable twist of fate all the pieces fit together and the strikers have an extraordinary game and the georgian team are merely a bunch of unmotivated immobile paralysed pawns struck by lightning... it could happen I guess.

I've never seen a result of this magnitude, so I guess it's an extremely rare incident.

There has always been some unrealistic results on this game for me. In one of the earliest versions (around 1996) I was Juventus and won a first leg 7-1 against a top side, I think it was Roma. I then lost the second leg 8-0. Last year I would regularly beat top European sides by more than 5 goals, and this was in the Champions League. Yesterday, on the 2009 version, I beat Liverpool 7-3 in a semi-final second leg (they were defending a 3-2 lead). I can't see Liverpool ever conceding 7 goals in the Champions League, even against Barcelona (my team).

As long as this is an off event, I have nothing against it. You should not be able to achieve this on a regular basis though.

Have not seen this in one of my own games yet, so I won't jump the complaint bandwagon.

I remember a few years ago (03/04) FC Copenhagen beating a team from from Malta 10 - 0 over two games in the 2nd qualifying round of the CL (wikipedia proof in Dutch.

So it is possible, doesn't happen often but it can happen.

Tbh I don't get even scores like this against weaker non league teams in friendly games.

15-1 does seem a bit extreme. Unlucky to happen irl because they'd probably get bored and switch off after a while. I've not had anything like this on FM09 though, other than a 10-0 win against a team only a few places below me in the league.

The official record for highest scoring game of all time is in hands of the Australian Football team, Wikipedia, scroll down to see 31 - 0 vs American Samoa on April 11ht 2001. In this game Archi Thompson scored 13 goals which is also the official world record.

I admit that for the above record the opponent was very very weak, but it can happen, not as often as in FM.

Highest aggregate win, most goals in tie:

1972/73, 1st round:

Feyenoord 9-0 US Rumelange

US Rumelange 0-12 Feyenoord

Feyenoord win 21-0 on aggregate

The official record for highest scoring game of all time is in hands of the Australian Football team, Wikipedia, scroll down to see 31 - 0 vs American Samoa on April 11ht 2001. In this game Archi Thompson scored 13 goals which is also the official world record.

Thats international - the record is arbroaths 36-0 win against Bon Accord in 1885

Archived