Penalties

I don't know if this is a known issue or if it just has to do with the ME, but the way penalties are to decide games is a joke imo. I have 3 players that are 18+ in penalty taking and my worst penalty taker is a 15. In the last 3 games decided by penalties my 19 penalty taker has missed ALL of them. Its like the ME decides what the final score is going to be and completely ignores the penalty skill.

Has anyone else had this? Its not just one or two times where these guys miss... in two games I had ALL 3 17+ penalty takers miss in a row!?!? Its laughable that some of the best players in the game with incredibly high penalty taking would all miss consecutively two matches in a row. Stupid...

None of my players are that great at penalty taking so I can't really relate. It does sound improbable, check in the bugs forum to see if it's a known issue.

On a side note, something that does annoy me about penalty shootouts is the the players don't stand in the centre circle.

For me, it doesn't matter how good of a penalty taker a player is or how good their mental attributes are. Some players are just cursed. Berbatov has a pretty high pk rating in the game but I swear, he's managed to miss something like 8 out of 8 penalties he's taken in the game for me, I eventually just gave up on him.

well in this case my team will about 90% of the time score during a penalty in a match. I'm talking about a penalty shootout. For instance, I am playing right now with the same team and I just lost a penalty shootout ... again... 3-1 in the community shield.

Marcelo Duran (Penalty taking 15, Composure 15, Decisions 18) miss

David Cruz (PT 14, Comp 18, Dec 12) scores

Rafinha (PT 17. Comp 16, Dec 17) miss for the 4th straight shootout in a row.

Miodrag Andric (PT 18, Comp 15, Dec 19) miss for the 4th straight shootout in a row.

I didnt get to see my "best" penalty taker miss for the 4th time.. he's missed the last 3 in a row.

Andrew Hilton (PT 18, Comp 16, Dec 16) already lost 3-1 so no shot.

I guess I just dont understand why players who are some of the best in the world and are highly rated penalty takers could miss so many shootout penalties in a row over 2 seasons.

Archived