Do You need Youth Coaches?

I am Sporting CP and I don't have any at the moment, I sign all my good youngsters with somewhat of a future to contracts so my coaches can train them. Seems kind of useless to have youth coaches. However I heard from a friend that the quality of your youth coaches impacts the quality of the incoming newgens?

Sorry for hasty post, thanks for answering

I don't know about that but I have noticed that my youth players tend to have a youth coach in their favorite people list (youth goal keeper has the gk coach...). Would be neat if it did have an effect though because just having coaches seems more economical than having first team and youth team coaches.

I doubt they do much tbh. So much of FM is window dressing in my experience.

I usually just have 6 regular coaches, with 7 star ability and any old stats. No difference in youth development here ..

I think we know for sure now that all that really matters are:

1. Playing games at the right level at the right age

2. The quality of your facilities has a big effect on your regen PA/CA

3. Club rep. is more important than both of the above

Whether it has an actual effect or not is kinda irrelevant. It's a game, so I try to run it as realistic as I can.

Now, I say that, yet I only have two youth coaches at Tottenham. I have one youth coach who covers every aspect of training, who has good tactical knowledge, good man management and good at rating potential players. I have another youth coach who is good at teaching tactics, that's about it.

I think it's kind of important, especially if you have a youth coach with a high reputation.

Couls somone from SI let us know about this?...... I'm pretty sure it does matter otherwise it would be pointless to have then in the game

I never noticed any difference personally from having them and not so they seem pointless from a gaming point of view.

Well I broke from my norm of just a few coaches doing each individual category and went for the max allocation of highly gifted youth coaches (working with youngsters 20 etc).

No different whatsoever in my sub 17's development obvious thus far ..

Will give it 5 seasons though.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1155/01092009045016eg6.jpg

(1680x res so not embedded)

Any coaches I employ I set their job title to 'coach' so they work with the 1st team and the youth team. I dont see the point in having a coach who only works with the reserves or just the 1st team.

I have 26 coaches on my game so I got some good training going on. I have not seen an improvement in young players since going from 12 coaches to 26.

Youth coaches is not needed (same with 1st team coaches) as long as you higher coaches with around 12-15 or so in "Working with youngster".

That said .. i use only "normal" coaches (1x 6-7 star for every part of the training, then a extra coach set to "ALL" until every training is light)

Any coaches I employ I set their job title to 'coach' so they work with the 1st team and the youth team. I dont see the point in having a coach who only works with the reserves or just the 1st team.

I have 26 coaches on my game so I got some good training going on. I have not seen an improvement in young players since going from 12 coaches to 26.

I don't see how 26 coaches would make a difference, not unless you have a first team squad of 50+

IIRC someone ran a test with FM08 to see if the quality of youth coach effected the quality of the regens, and I believe they concluded it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. I've heard staff reputation is a completely aesthetic feature too, so I just sign coaches usually rather than splitting them into youth or 1st team so as I get the best out of them. As a leading club I was going to sign a world class youth coach, but when the compensation fees are so huge who can be bothered?

Archived