Enquiry problem - No option for accepting the proposition?

This baffles me... Is it a bug or is it supposed to be like this? I made an offer of 300k without any clauses for a player and it got rejected. My scout told me he would probably be available between 120-160k so I thought they must want some clauses to go with it. So I make an enquiry immediately after the bid was rejected. The selling team answers immediately that they want 240k without any clauses??? That's 60k less than I just offered a few hours ago and the player didn't start to complain about the bid being rejected so that can't be the reason. If this wasn't stupid enough, I can't accept the 240k proposition, there is no "accept demands" option, I can only make a bid of 240k. Well I save my game because this seemed so odd already and after make a bid of 240k, non negotiable and no deadline set. They reject it. I decide to load the game again and make a bid of 240k and negotiable. Now they want nearly 300k with a 40 % sell on clause??

What the hell??

The transfer system seems incredibly flawed sometimes. Last season I got curious when my bids for a player got rejected all the time even though my offer was already clearly better than what the scouts told me I needed to pay. So I did a test, I made a negotiable offer for the player and got a response they want 15 million and 30 % from the next sales profit. So I made a non negotiable offer of 15 million and 30 % from the next sale, so the same 15 million and same 30 % but changed the clause to 30 % of the next sale instead of just 30 % of the next profit. That would of course be clearly better for the selling team... And they rejected my offer? I didn't set a deadline, I didn't change anything else. How ridiculous is that?

By the way, I am playing with 9.1.0. I started the game with that patch and I don't want to change it midgame because I read that players sell for different prices in 9.2.0. Is this the problem? I don't remember seeing anything like this in the change list for 9.2.0.

No I haven't posted this anywhere else. I wasn't 100 % sure if it was a bug or just one of the many artificial ways to make the game harder for the player :p

I just tried and it seems I have to pay 575k for the bid to be accpeted :D 550k won't do it. The 300k doesn't make any difference to my economy as I have a 50M transfer budget to spend with Valencia but it's the principle that counts...

The reason I haven't patched to 9.2.0 is that in FM08 it was impossible to sell players at times. I couldn't move a 4 star good signing Riquelme when he was 31 for free for example. I tried 2 seasons with no luck. He was just one of about 7 players that were still perfectly usable in Serie A, Premier or La Liga that I couldn't sell no matter what I did. With 9.0.1 you can get decent money for good older players as well just like in real life and it makes the game more enjoyable for me as I like to sell the oldies and buy loads and loads of youngsters. I read that it's back to FM08 ways with 9.0.2 so it doesn't sound tempting.

Archived