Dirty Argentina

I am playing in the Argentine Second division and i've only been there for four months. 18 games gone remember:

Olimpo 10 reds

Ferro 8 reds

Talleres 8 reds

Platense 7 reds

Instituto 6 reds

Rivadavia 6 reds

Los Andes 5 reds

etc

etc

Is this a bug or is Argentinian football REALLY that dirty?!

In Argentina you may have 1 or 2 (perhaps 3) red cards for each week, which is pretty normal-ish. What happened to the OP doesn't happen IRL.

I wouldn't agree that the Arg defenders are cavemen. It's a different footballing culture than, say, English or German. Players of those countries go harder on tackling just because that's the way you play there. Refs are aware of that.

In Argentina, they would go slightly lighter as it's a highly technical play. But as I said, for an Argentinian ref reffering in Argentina (bit redundant there), will punish players with cards when in north countries he will just "give a lecture" to the player.

I am playing in the Argentine Second division and i've only been there for four months. 18 games gone remember:

Olimpo 10 reds

Ferro 8 reds

Talleres 8 reds

Platense 7 reds

Instituto 6 reds

Rivadavia 6 reds

Los Andes 5 reds

etc

etc

Is this a bug or is Argentinian football REALLY that dirty?!

This happened to me to while managing in Brazil before the 2nd patch came, but never again.

I never got any cards but the opponent got 5 cards per game.

It may just be picky referees, I've had similar in Uruguay with so many red cards being given out. It was a network game and the other guy had the same thing with his players. There was a bit of a joke with one of my defenders who was a bit of a card machine who could only play 1 or 2 games in a row before being suspended.

Archived