Is it possible for my manager character to become a club legend?

I did a search (searched for: can manager become legend) and it returned loads of results (almost all from today), none of which were about what i am trying to find out, so i thought id better just ask here!

Im in charge at aguilas (spanish 2nd division B2)- the club were founded in 1897 (or similar) but have never won anything (their best performance being runner up in second division B group 4, which they managed once). I almost always do very badly on FM, despite having played it for years so finding myself top of the league has got me quite excited!

The club doesnt have any legends or icons and i was wondering if it is possible for our managers to become club legends or icons, or is it only computer controlled characters that can do this? I'd love to stay for years and become an aguilas cf legend (or even just an icon would do!) but am not sure if it is possible or not- does anyone know?

Cheers

Yeah in theory it is possible but it seems very difficult sometimes to get on the favoured personnel list let alone to reach the legend one. Also if you leave for whatever reason you are automatically removed no matter what you achieved.

I would imagine it is possible with the work,I have seen my striker who I signed 4 seasons ago go upto icon now,maybe a few more years the way he scores goals he will become a legend,I guess if players can do it so can managers....I have yet to win anything as a manager only promotion to the Premiership but no trophies....I will be patient though as it would be nice to be a legend at a club,1 thing I havent done before in cm/fm games,nice to have a target :)

Thats a bit unfair if it gets taken away,I am at QPR who list Rodney Marsh as there icon and he left as everyone know's for bigger things,also even more recently manager wise I am sure Nigel Clough will always be somewhat of an icon at burton...though maybe many will dis-agree there :p

Well that is very harsh and something that should be looked at if it is the case,any manager that takes a club to dizzy heights and brings the club forward enough to become a legend should not be hated when he leaves,that is just crazy and would never happen irl.

I can't find the thread now, but there was a recent one about managers that had started in Lower Leagues and won multiple league titles, cups, manager of the year awards, and yet not made even the favored personnel list. I've taken a team from the Blue Square South to League 1 through 3 league titles, won 2 cup competitions, and 3 manager of the year awards. I'm nowhere to be found on my club's information screen despite being seemingly idolized by players, fans and board. I'd say it is possible, but very hard.

Archived