First goal of the season

What is it with FM2009 and the number of "First goal of the season" scored against me? In one match I had 3 - Jarvis on his 25th appearance, last goal 3 years ago, Parnabay 23rd appearance, last goal 5 years ago, Shaw 33rd appearance, last goal 2 years ago and in my last match Evans with his first ever career goal in 6 years? Usually they are the full backs who score with the 35 yard screamers. Is it because I am closing down the "dangermen" ? I looked back on some of last seasons scorers and they didnt score again after putting one past me

Yes it does seem that half the people who score against you are either scoring their first goal of the season, their first ever goal for the club or their first ever career goal. It only seems that way because they make a point of it, if they commented on every goal eg "that's his 7th goal of the season" we'd have threads saying "everybody seems to score their 7th goal of the season agianst me" That's what I tell myself anyway because I've always thought like you do and its been that way for as long as I can remember.

And also what ftg87 said.

What are you trying to get at??? If a player scores his first goal of the season then it is going to be recognised, I dont understand your argument.

The point was it is their first and last goal of the season. None of the players mentioned managed to score again in the season. I remember in an older version of the game Des Walker scored against me and he had scored 1 goal in his previous 667 games! Maybe I am just paranoid.

What is it with FM2009 and the number of "First goal of the season" scored against me? In one match I had 3 - Jarvis on his 25th appearance, last goal 3 years ago, Parnabay 23rd appearance, last goal 5 years ago, Shaw 33rd appearance, last goal 2 years ago and in my last match Evans with his first ever career goal in 6 years? Usually they are the full backs who score with the 35 yard screamers. Is it because I am closing down the "dangermen" ? I looked back on some of last seasons scorers and they didnt score again after putting one past me

This is something that is always happening to me, It's so annoying it as if it all fixed, it just happens to often for me.

Another thing I have noticed is that players on a goal drought score a goal past me,this happens quite alot in a season. there seems alot of talk about Predetermined match results at the min so could this be down to this?

Archived