Quick question

Check the MR positions to see if he can play as a DC to any capacity. Other than that....hmmmm.... tough one. Depends how much experience in that position is important. I mean surely tackling is tackling no matter where on the pitch you are but if he's not used to defending then he might not play to the potential of his defensive stats.

Good question though.

I'd probably try to reshuffle the formation to accomodate the midfielder. i.e play 2 full backs, one centre half and maybe two Def mids with back arrows to act as defensive cover. If you have them of course.

I have the following players:

GK

DC

DR

DR/MR

ML

AMR

MRLC

MR

ST

ST

ST

And a few crappy greyed out players.

That's pretty bad. No left back and only one DC? If one of your strikers is a target man type player, tall and with good physical stats you could try him as an emergency DC - like a Dion Dublin or Chris Sutton for example. I haven't tried this but in theory it should be ok for a game or two. You have two players capable of playing ML so pick the one with the best defensive attributes to play DL. I'd avoid the greyed out players at all costs tbh.

Thanks, I managed to win 1-0 so my run with 97 league games without defeat goes on :D. Unfortunately I don't know how the ST would do as a DC, as one of my other STs was injured after 5 mins so I brought on the greyed out DC and put the ST up front again.

Thanks, I managed to win 1-0 so my run with 97 league games without defeat goes on :D. Unfortunately I don't know how the ST would do as a DC, as one of my other STs was injured after 5 mins so I brought on the greyed out DC and put the ST up front again.

Dammit, was just about to take the credit for the clean sheet!

Archived