How do you deal with want away players?

hey.

now im in the championship with barnet and any decent player i ever have ALWAYS is unhappy and trying to get out of the club and i think its really damaging the clubs performance. but with worse players we'd be even worse off.

i've given in and sold a few whose contracts are going relatively soon. i plan to win the championship or get promoted ONE DAY.

how do you deal with these unruly players and still achieve success?

id like to know how you do it.

thanks

If a player wants out of the club, then the worst thing you can do is force them to stay, no matter their quality. they'll poison the dressing room.

If you can get money for them, so much the better, but the priority should be to get them out of the club. Unhappiness breeds unhappiness which makes morale plummet and performances poor.

I tend to either don't play them for a bit and reject every offer to them and wait til there unh sign goes off and then start to play them again, or if they want to leave and I play them then they play bad.. I do what great managers do..

LET THEM ROT IN THE RESERVES ! :D

If a player wants out of the club, then the worst thing you can do is force them to stay, no matter their quality. they'll poison the dressing room.

If you can get money for them, so much the better, but the priority should be to get them out of the club. Unhappiness breeds unhappiness which makes morale plummet and performances poor.

i see your point. team gelling doesnt stand much of a chance though if you sell every player that wants to leave. which also kills the dressing room :-S

I plan my squad for a 2-3 year period, which includes the start of acquiring talent until the time I feel I need to win because some or most of them will want to leave and I will need to start over and re-build.

You cannot keep players who are constantly unhappy however, as it will ruin squad harmony and you will be worse off than if you had less talent. You can try and re-sign some or all of them new deals as I have seen this improve the harmony in a big way.

tend to either don't play them for a bit and reject every offer to them and wait til there unh sign goes off and then start to play them again, or if they want to leave and I play them then they play bad.. I do what great managers do..

LET THEM ROT IN THE RESERVES ! :D

^^^^whs:thup:

I keep them if I think they're needed. They always seem to get over it at some point if I keep playing them and the team does well. If I feel they can be replaced then I offer them out and try to get as much money as possible. I never just give in and give them away for less than I think they've worth. I used to in 07 and older versions where it was impossible to make them happy again but in the last two FM's I see no point in selling unless it's on my terms.

I ignore them. They're unhappy, how about a reserves side game to cheer you up? Transfer request? No problem, I'll offer you at %1000 percent of your real value. There is too much need for rotation and squad depth to keep all players happy. If you sell people who can't stay happy you're not going to have any quality depth, so I hang on to them, unless somebody blows me away with a huge transfer offer.

Use player interactions to show them just how valuable they are to the team. Avoid signing players who are "highly ambitious" or "ambitious" as they tend to think higher of themselves than many of them are worth.

Some of my best players have been labeled "unambitious". As long as they can perform in my current league, they make great long term players because even if they excel and have plenty of offers from other clubs, they reject them all, especially if you are listed as a "favored personnel".

Use player interactions to show them just how valuable they are to the team. Avoid signing players who are "highly ambitious" or "ambitious" as they tend to think higher of themselves than many of them are worth.

Some of my best players have been labeled "unambitious". As long as they can perform in my current league, they make great long term players because even if they excel and have plenty of offers from other clubs, they reject them all, especially if you are listed as a "favored personnel".

what kind of player interactions do you use? like do you mean praise them even if there unhappy and playing badly?

what kind of player interactions do you use? like do you mean praise them even if there unhappy and playing badly?

I have an entire thread entitled, "Brief Guide to Improving Team Morale" in the Tactics and Training Forum that explains all of my strategies. Check it out if you're curious. It's based on 08 so it may not be on the first page anymore. Also, I don't know how to do links on this forum site. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe someone else can do it who knows how.

Archived