The Bootroom - (Unofficial) Fanzine - Issue Two

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

I'm having some trouble downloading from that link, do you have another link to the download it from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should be going up on various fansites soon. I'm not sure if Simon has passed it on to everyone yet - we are still in working hours.

It's gone out to a number of admins and webmasters, but it depends on their schedules from here on in. That's kind of why we decided to use the sendspace as a fill-in til it goes live elsewhere.

If anyone is having difficulty getting the file, just mail me at fmfanzine@tiscali.co.uk and I'll drop a copy straight into your inbox. (It''s only an 8MB file this month, so is far more manageable and should be acceptable to the majority of email servers.)

It's nice to see that it was so eagerly awaited! Hope you all enjoy it! icon_smile.gif

The Sign-up/Challenge game is now available from this link. Please click here to download and take up the challenge.

The 22 youth team places have been taken up and Meon Valley have a tight budget (rough translation, I don't like data entry and 22 players was quite enough!) so they won't be taking on any more players.

If you want to discuss the challenge or see how the holiday game goes then pop over to the Challenge / Sign-up / Holiday Game forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

A question - no FM-Stories review this time around? Is there any plan to bring that feature back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully, but we may have to get someone else to write it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A question - no FM-Stories review this time around? Is there any plan to bring that feature back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unfortunately, we've lost one member of the team, who was covering the FMS angle. Sadly, none of the remainder of the team really have followed FMS enough to be able to take over the reviews, which leads into...

"The Bootroom is currently looking for new writers."

We are currently looking for passionate, creative, intelligent writers to join our little team. If you feel that you fit that description, then we'd love to hear from you.

Specifically, we'd very much like to find someone to cover...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>FM Stories

<LI>Tactics (Creating & Understanding)

<LI>FM Live

<LI>Alternative platforms (Handheld & Imminent XBox 360 release)

<LI>Graphics & Skinning

<LI>Any other new & original content

If you have some expertise or knowledge of any of these areas and can spare a few hours each month to share your views, then we'd love to hear from you.

Mail, on this or any subject to: fmfanzine@tiscali.co.uk

Any feedback on this issue is gratefully recieved. We've had a lot of thumbs up - does that mean we are doing everything right or are there still some things we can improve.

We are considering a change to the format, with a single page per screen, instead of the double page. We are also aware that some of the backgrounds make it a little harder to read. Any thoughts on this? What would you like us to do with the layout (other than completely re-design!!!).

Archived