'Una' symbol next to player???

I did a search and returned nothing and checked the game manual under the symbol listings and this symbol isnt there...

I'm in pre-season and my squad is looking good, except my star player has a 'una' symbol next to his name. He isn't an international, he's fully fit and I own him outright.

Does anyone know what this symbol means and why it is next to my player???

I think it means unavailable, what player is it?

Its a spanish regen

That's when they go on leave of absence I believe. Has he been homesick?

He hasnt been homesick- his profile says he is happy to be at the club (Atletico Madrid)

Has he played for two other teams already in the past season (1.7 - 1.7 for summer leagues)?

No. I signed him on a free a year ago, he played all last season for me

Wp, I just though it was bit weird lol but it makes sense now.

Good good

And i'm really surprised no one has encountered this before :confused:

Im hoping that it disappears before my games start but I still dont see a reason why he should be unavailable

I'm at work, what does the manual say? I recall it details an explanation of each

It has a table listing all the symbols such as Ctr (contract), Tra (transfer) Inj (injury) etc

However this symbol, una, isnt listed

The symbol has now disappeared as soon as I came to a match day. He was allowed to play and the symbol isnt there any more.

Why was it there in the first place I wonder? Could anyone from SI or SEGA or the Mods if they know enlighten us as to why (see screenshots in ^^^ posts)

Did it not tell you why he was unavailable if you hovered over it?
Yeah I was going to suggest what HuwFlet said in the last post. :thup:

As far as I know it didnt- I then checked his profile to see if that told me but there was nothing untoward there- everything seems fine now though- just gave me a scare that i could be without my wonderkid all year

When I had UNA on a player it was for personal reasons. Was annoying cos it was a player I got in winter transfer. Thought it was a steal at 0 plus clauses. Them he was unavailable til june for "personal reasons"

Strange really- on his profile it said he was happy to be at the club- no mention of anything being wrong :confused:

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...yerprofile.jpg

Surely it's because he was selected for the A Team? Not for the match just gone but for the match approaching - and then as the next match came closer the squad was actually chosen and he wasn't in it.

Might have been but when my players had been picked for the A team previously, they had disappeared from my squad into the A squad so they werent listed on my team page

Oh right. Unavailable usually means that they cannot play due to a competition law, be that being unregistered, not being the right nationality/age, or having played another game on the same day. I always thought that absence leave given went down as 'Abs' and absence leave not given went down as 'AWOL'.

Oh right. Unavailable usually means that they cannot play due to a competition law, be that being unregistered, not being the right nationality/age, or having played another game on the same day. I always thought that absence leave given went down as 'Abs' and absence leave not given went down as 'AWOL'.

Hmmm, dont think it fits in any of those tbh although you are right with what you are listed because I have seen them before.

Unr is what i usually get for unregistered however, age is under 27 for spanish rules, he is spanish so no problem there, and the symbol was there for weeks so matches?? I dont know.

Appreciate everyone's inputs on this as well :thup:

Archived