Supporters and Board confidence

I am currently playing as Manchester United in my first season and have just won the Champions League beating Roma in Rome 2-1.After the game i recieved the usual plaudits in the press,the chairman saying they were pleased and they never expected to win it etc.I then checked on board confidence and after finishing 2nd to an over performing Arsenal team the board said that they were unhappy that we had qualified for the champions league by not winning the league.I then looked at the champions league confidence and that had disapeared entirely.Also i decided to look at the supporters confidence and they said they were pleased with the win and confidence was okay.I would have thought they would have been estatic with the win.But what didnt make any sense was after my first pre season game [celtic at home,won 4-0]supporters confidence was good and they were delighted with the win.Surely this cant be right.I was just wondering if anybody else had experienced anything similar.I am playing with 9.02 patch.

supporters are real thickies, i am currently managing spurs and held chelsea (who were clear favourites) to a 0-0 at the bridge, i was pleased as i had both first choice CD missing (1 injured and 1 suspended), the supporters were disappointed by the amount of chances we created.

No mention of the great defensive performance.

I have had similar to this. Got given the Atletico B side in November 2013, relegation zone in the league and a small struggling squad. I set about changing the team etc and after 2 months of only 1 win I got the team playing and won 12 straight games.

I look at my board confidence and they are considering sacking me (precarious job with very disappointing league position). I had done basically all I could since taking over and got them out of relegation into a good top half position. However because the previous manager had done so badly and the board wanted to win the league, I was under pressure of losing my job, which I thought was unfair having won what is now 62% of my games, taking them from 3rd bottom to 8th (out of 20)

In all of this, my fans loved me, (profile description= popular manager) and their confidence was sky high

At all levels of management within the game there are too many conflictions between board/supported confidence,their expectation and the reality of the situation.

My own experience is with a Northern Ireland 2nd division team who I took over following their relegation last season. The bookies made us joint favourites for the league but due to financial restraints I have a team of kids (18-20 is the age of all my squad) the board wont let me sign anybody on free transfers as the wage budget is at its limit so I'm struggling along but I'm still 3rd at the halfway point of the season. The board are disappointed with my performance as they are expecting me to challenge for the title (I'm only 4 points from the leaders), the club is in huge debt (as it was before I became manager) and we are out of all the cups (each time to opposition in a higher league) add to this I quite often get the supporters saying they are disappointed with a result after getting a draw or losing a match that (a) we were rank outsiders for according to the bookies or (b) was against a team operating a full time professional squad in comparison to my part timer kids.

So now I'm an under pressure manager despite IMO doing a good job (okay, there is probably still room for improvement but I'm only 6 months into the role) in keeping the club at the top end of the table with the resources I have been given. I feel the expectations of the board/supporters are unrealistic given the situation the club is in.

While I think the game has improved this kind of situation is very frustrating and I hope they do a major overhaul on it for the next version of the game.

I am currently playing as Manchester United in my first season and have just won the Champions League beating Roma in Rome 2-1.After the game i recieved the usual plaudits in the press,the chairman saying they were pleased and they never expected to win it etc.I then checked on board confidence and after finishing 2nd to an over performing Arsenal team the board said that they were unhappy that we had qualified for the champions league by not winning the league.I then looked at the champions league confidence and that had disapeared entirely.Also i decided to look at the supporters confidence and they said they were pleased with the win and confidence was okay.I would have thought they would have been estatic with the win.But what didnt make any sense was after my first pre season game [celtic at home,won 4-0]supporters confidence was good and they were delighted with the win.Surely this cant be right.I was just wondering if anybody else had experienced anything similar.I am playing with 9.02 patch.

Yep, did title challenge, lost it by one!! point cause the others scored in injury time, then the board was dissapointed because I didnt challenge for the title...arghhh.

I am also having issues with supporters confidence with signings,as i have signed a number of youngsters for the future and obviously i am loaning them out or playing them in the under 18s,yet i am told the supporters are dissapointed that x has played so few games for the club which leaves my confidence on signings as poor.Surely there should be a feature where you can say x is one for the future,especialy as there squad status says hot prospect.The confidence feature seems to be completly unbalanced.

I finished 8th with Genoa and I am described as an under pressure manager! even though I finished above what was expected?

I agree with ryder aswell, you can't expect 16 and 17 year olds to come in and play a lot of games right from the start.

I am annoyed by the season expectations!! Ok, so I am Leeds, just starting my 8th season. My expectations were realistic in my first 6 seasons. I have been overly successful winning the Premiership the last 3 seasons along with League Cup and Champions League. However, I am now expected to win the premiership and the reach the final of every other competition I am in!!! I believe I can do it but thats a bit of a tall order don't you think. I don't think 1 top manager is expected to be in every final in every year. I admit they need to do well but surely being expected to be in the final of the Champions League is a bit much!!

P.S Also annoyed that supporters think young signings are poor as they don't play. I sign these promising 16/17 yr olds for the future so surely the supporters should see that!!!

I realy think the confidence feature needs to be looked at properly.Ime just starting my 2nd season now and i am apperantly an under pressure manager.Even though ive won the Champions League ,Super Cup and World club championship.Finished 2nd in the league,semi-final of the league cup.The only board confidence feature that was realistic was to win the FA Cup and i was knocked out in the 5th round to Liverpol 3-2 at anfield.Although they were dissapointed that we lost they understood why[ie scousers away,massive game that realistcly could go either way].Now that made complete sense.My board targets for this season are to win everything,which is unrealistic.Can you see David Gill telling Fergie that he has to win every trophy at the start of the season!Obviously they want to win everything but apart from the extrodinary 99 treble year its not likely to happen again,let alone every season. Suerly it would be more realistic to say we expect you to challenge on all fronts and win 1 of the major trophys.As ive said before there doesnt seem to be any balance with this feature.

Archived