Ever holidayed and went to work...??

Playing FM2007, got bored with my 2066 game, so started a new one with more leagues etc running...decided to resign and holiday until I get to home to see what's happened while I've been away... :-)... anyone else ever done this before...

PS I can't wait to leave work even more now ;-)

Hehe i always do that when i start a new game.

But i dont resign, i retire, u get too many news flashes 2 go trough if u just resign.

Normally i would then let the game run a night and a day...........about 12 seasons.

This was a bit funnier in earlier versions because things (teams) changed a lot more, like

liverpool dropping several leauges. I loved to take over man u or one of the other big teams after

they dropped to leauge 1 or something. Then i would come in and save em, hehe.

In FM05, I took over Cuba then went on holiday and returned in 2022 (still manager of Cuba). Resigned, then went on holiday again, returning in the 2050s and 60s when I won multiple titles with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and took Wales to the Euro Championship final, which I lost to Germany. I then resigned and took over Germany. :D

I haven't had the time to do a proper holiday game since though, and can't on FM09 as it's just not feasible for me. Might run an FM08 one soon.

Playing FM2007, got bored with my 2066 game, so started a new one with more leagues etc running...decided to resign and holiday until I get to home to see what's happened while I've been away... :-)... anyone else ever done this before...

PS I can't wait to leave work even more now ;-)

So how far had the game progressed when you got home?

I remember doing something similar over night when i went to bed, but my laptop automatically shut down after 2 hours of inactivity! Was quite dissapointed the following morning :(

So how far had the game progressed when you got home?

I remember doing something similar over night when i went to bed, but my laptop automatically shut down after 2 hours of inactivity! Was quite dissapointed the following morning :(

Hehe, was always afraid that would happen, but it went to around 2012(from 06), had 11leagues running though...was interesting to see...lol Tony Mowbray took over at Chelsea :D...

Tried the same thing with my original 2066 game ....just experimenting to see what will happen with Chelski and the 2bn bug...(I managed 'em till 2066, and had to spend ridiculous amounts to drop my bank balance, hehehe ) :D

Yeah i did this on FM08, made myself manager of Arsenal, spent the transfer budget, sold a few good players, then bought some more players, and then went on holiday overnight and into the day, took about 17 hours, and got to 2021, found out Arsene Wenger was STILL in the game, managing Brazil! Arsenal had no recognisable players obviously, the only few i recognised were Mark Randall, who was playing for Swindon, who were 6th in the prem! and also Nacer barazite, centre forward for derby in league 1.

Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa in the Championship, Crystal Palace in champs league, and hull city back in league 2, aidy boothroyd as manager!!

Was very fun, but was kinda weird, cos its like starting to learn about football all over again, not knowing who most players are etc...

Archived