128 members have voted

1. 1. Most Important Position

• DC
    • ST
    • GK
    • MC
    • other and why?

Surely they're all important...

Obviously if you had no GK you'd lose massively each match, but second place goes to full backs who can defend and assist, but don't score for me.

why does everyone feel the need to state the obvious ofcourse there all very important but is there any one position for you that is just the bit more important like do you need this position for your tactic to work properly for example spend 10 million on an amc because its vital the amc is a really good player rather than investing that 10 million on a leftback...

obviously there all important dont state the obvious

I answered your question in the exact same post, get over it. Why do you always whine at me? Why not whine at Deltaroad or JGN_1982 for saying the same thing as I did, without answering the question in their post?

Stop being petty.

If its a question of who you would rather have sent off then its got to be Striker every single time... being a striker down wont make the other teams efforts to score any easier.

It just means your chances of scoring are harder.

But for me my favoured area that i sign players for constantly has to be midfield.

They can help a weak defence/offence as well as pretty much ensure that the other team dont get the ball.

I don't actually think its that bad of a question to be honest, i just think some people here are too quick to slaughter somebody when they feel like it.

In terms of responsibility i'd say either goalkeeper or centre half.

By that i mean, you could have a striker who is having a stinker, misses 6/7 chances but then in the final minute, one goes in off his arse and he's a hero.

On the contrary you could have a goalkeeper or centre-half having the game of their life, and then in the last minute they miss a header, or keeper lets one through his fingers, and he's the villain.

So although having good strikers is important for winning games i would say it is more important to have a solid foundation to fall back on so as you don't lose games.

Most teams will have one or two players which they are 'carrying'

I answered your question in the exact same post, get over it. Why do you always whine at me? Why not whine at Deltaroad or JGN_1982 for saying the same thing as I did, without answering the question in their post?

Stop being petty.

ooo please stop whinging

I don't actually think its that bad of a question to be honest, i just think some people here are too quick to slaughter somebody when they feel like it.

In terms of responsibility i'd say either goalkeeper or centre half.

By that i mean, you could have a striker who is having a stinker, misses 6/7 chances but then in the final minute, one goes in off his arse and he's a hero.

On the contrary you could have a goalkeeper or centre-half having the game of their life, and then in the last minute they miss a header, or keeper lets one through his fingers, and he's the villain.

So although having good strikers is important for winning games i would say it is more important to have a solid foundation to fall back on so as you don't lose games.

Most teams will have one or two players which they are 'carrying'

thankyou mate atleast someone didnt look for the first oppurtunity to shoot someone down

No worries mate.

I'll only ever shoot someone down if they're completely moronic :p

To further go along with what i was saying, it depends on the style of play you want.

If you want to play all out attack, and don't mind winning 5-4 every game then it'd be pointless having two crap strikers and amazing defenders. Which obviously works vice versa aswell.

I voted, despite it being a very silly poll.

After all, "It's your tactics, mate"!!

For me, I play a 3-4-1-2 formation and I'd say my most crucial part is the 3-man DC back-line. They play high with the off-side trap, so any errors or dithering on their part and I'm skinned; otherwise I have to drop deep and lose all benefit of my system. Therefore, I voted DC, but that's wholly personal and related to my specific tactic.

All players are important and all positions are important.

In answer to your further question; I would rather not have any player sent off, though I usually sub a striker.

It is rather a void poll because no position is better; they all work off each other. Just an excuse to add a poll if you ask me. If you wanna poll the forum goers then use some imagination on your question. No offence.

Keeper for me. If you've got a keeper who can deliver a clean sheet pretty much every game then you'll get at least a point pretty much every game. If you've got a goal a game striker though that's still doesn't mean you'll get even a single point from a match.

That said you need a good defence in front of them....and a good midfield in front of them to take the pressure off and keep possesion....and a decent striker to help get the wins.... :D

That´s 3 words, mizan123...

A strong defence is always my main objective - if you don't concende goals you only need one to win.

But unfortunately, as it was with the previous manager, if you have a good striker you do wonders in FM.

So I voted Striker.

well put it in a different context would you rather have a striker, midfielder or defender sent off?

i voted for goalkeeper, as i don't have one on the bench and would be screwed...

but in general, MC's are most important as they're job is to attack and defend, no other position bears both the responsibilities to such a degree

Mindless tactic. I was not whinging, I was telling you to stop whinging. Next time I won't bother to answer your question and just tell you how pointless your threads/posts (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=89811

) are, would you prefer that? No? Then stop being a baby.

1 thread mate because i was excited dont blackmail with that crud mate, thats just weak seriously grow up ... and please do whats in bold and never reply to me again

The game is played by 11 people

ok what about in liverpools case built around gerrard

or man united pretty much crumble without cristiano ronaldo as seen against derby county (had to bring him in late)

these are players that are vital to their clubs success im just asking do you have a player in a position like that i worded it incorrectly but yeh.

I replied, go cry some more.

Is MR Man Utd's most important position? I'm still saying GK. Without Van Der Sar, it doesn't matter if they score 1, 2 or 3 goals.

without van der sar they put in kuszczak (spelling) without ronaldo its park ji-sung BIG difference.

Also im bloody sick of your antics if you want to have a go at me do it in private message mate no on else wants to hear it.

That's just it, I'm not having a go, you're just being idiotic by whining about me saying that every position is important, which they are, yet I still answered your question and contributed, you didn't complain to the other poster who didn't answer your question. So get over it, emo kid.

without van der sar they put in kuszczak (spelling) without ronaldo its park ji-sung BIG difference.

But that's not the question. It's not 'which Manchester United back-up is better'. Fact is, without a goalkeeper a team will concede a lot and never win. Thus making it the most important position.

That's just it, I'm not having a go, you're just being idiotic by whining about me saying that every position is important, which they are, yet I still answered your question and contributed, you didn't complain to the other poster who didn't answer your question. So get over it, emo kid.

But that's not the question. It's not 'which Manchester United back-up is better'. Fact is, without a goalkeeper a team will concede a lot and never win. Thus making it the most important position.

why put that in there... seriously grow up mate you are showing everyone on this forum your baby qualitys your a child.... never reply to my "stupid" threads or questions again you are absolute life drainer. and just so you know im not goign to reply to you again in this thread.

Hahaha yes, how dare I contribute to a topic and actually engage you in a discussion about it. Well if you're not going to reply to what I said, I'm going to have to assume you agree with me that a GK is most important. :) *pets*

Hahaha yes, how dare I contribute to a topic and actually engage you in a discussion about it. Well if you're not going to reply to what I said, I'm going to have to assume you agree with me that a GK is most important. :) *pets*

you know whats somehow ironic i agree with you that the most important position is goalkeeper in the overall sense of the game.... but seeing as ill never be without one ill be fine in that sense... i was talking about a player who is very central to your team and that he generates a lot of play and has very good mental stats? the 1 player in your starting 11 which really provides some drive

edit - when i say ill never be without one i mean i always have one on the bench incase the starting gk gets sent off or injured... also if the backup gk got sent or injured in the same game thats a different story but thats a freak accident and doesnt happen very often

Archived