Very Very simple preset tactics

i dont understand how a tactic ive won with other teams, promotion, above expection finishes etc makes me lose 5 games in a row with man utd and makes my defense a nightmare...and ones i create make the team not able to string a pass together(and i know they are not completely useless tactics lol cos i used the tactic guide and i like to think i have a solid understanding of making tactics)......however my mate can win the prem, champions league and league cup with man utd just using the standard 442 that is on the tactics screen with all the settings on in the middle of the sliders and no changed players instructions. He didnt cheat either incase you were wondering.

Surely this is against the point of FM and really simple tactics that arent built for the team u are shldnt work?

i dont understand how a tactic ive won with other teams, promotion, above expection finishes etc makes me lose 5 games in a row with man utd and makes my defense a nightmare...and ones i create make the team not able to string a pass together(and i know they are not completely useless tactics lol cos i used the tactic guide and i like to think i have a solid understanding of making tactics)......however my mate can win the prem, champions league and league cup with man utd just using the standard 442 that is on the tactics screen with all the settings on in the middle of the sliders and no changed players instructions. He didnt cheat either incase you were wondering.

Surely this is against the point of FM and really simple tactics that arent built for the team u are shldnt work?

Opposition sides are not stupid, they learn to counter your tactics if you continue using the same ones.

how would u suggest i play with man utd?

ive tried replicating their pressure building, wide, attacking style like irl but its not workin.

Would u recommend i keep it simple and have the whole team on same mentality etc?

I would try a new formation, something like a 4-3-3, I would give your strikers and midefielders attacking instructions and put all players to tackle hard. Always close down Rooney and Ronaldo and tell defenders to play deep, if your tactics are failing at half time, then change back to your original formation and set all mentality to attack.

I would try a new formation, something like a 4-3-3, I would give your strikers and midefielders attacking instructions and put all players to tackle hard. Always close down Rooney and Ronaldo and tell defenders to play deep, if your tactics are failing at half time, then change back to your original formation and set all mentality to attack.

I think he meant he was managing Man United and not against them. :p

I think, for FM09, that the preset tactics are now not just all set to normal instuctions. It hink they have been changed so they tactics now and not just formations.

i went for: van.d.sar

neville rio vidic evra

veloso

scholes

ronaldo nani

rooney berba

it still dont work.....ive done all the instructions where necessary...kept it simple

lost 3-0 at home to sunderland cos they wld hit thru balls and cisse wld run on and go round van der sar. made my defenders look amateur

I think he meant he was managing Man United and not against them. :p

I think, for FM09, that the preset tactics are now not just all set to normal instuctions. It hink they have been changed so they tactics now and not just formations.

Ah sorry bout that, my mistake. :p

Oh, that does not sound too good. :D It sounds like you are playing a high defensive line. What level have you set your players regarding closing down?

Yeah dont have all your defenders playing to high, i always play my Left and right backs high and my two centre backs deep.

yeah i based my tactic on that one :S

i just spoke to a guy who said that for fm09 the preset tactics are very good and only need very minor tweaking to be a top tactic.

i guess this allows the players to play the way they want..not set to any boundaries or instructions

How do you make your defence play at a different defensive line?

In the tactics page drag the player into a new position higher or deeper on the pitch. As I said I drag my central defenders as deep as possible to the goalkeeper and have the L&R backs playing in standard position or vise versa. It really depends what formation you are playing, i use a standard 4-4-2 but with a modified tactic.

In the tactics page drag the player into a new position higher or deeper on the pitch. As I said I drag my central defenders as deep as possible to the goalkeeper and have the L&R backs playing in standard position or vise versa. It really depends what formation you are playing, i use a standard 4-4-2 but with a modified tactic.

So your defenders are in the sweeper positions or your fullbacks are in the wingback positions?

So your defenders are in the sweeper positions or your fullbacks are in the wingback positions?

Yeah left and right backs are usually set to sweeper position rather than the standard position, this allows them to play higher up the pitch, i find this tactic works better for my team.

Archived