Owners From The USSR!

Hey Guys

Was playing through one of my saves and noticed that Liverpool were buying players left, right and centre, they had actually spent about £120M, I decided to go onto their staff screen and look what owners had taken over them, and saw the flag of the USSR. Forgive me if i'm wrong but i'm sure that they disbanded in the early 90's. Has anyone else ever seen this before. Here's a screenshot

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jackrobo/FM09.jpg

How come it is abbreviated as URS? That don't make sense, if you unabbreivate (is that even a word?) it, it means Union of Republics Soviet :confused:

yh i thought that was weird too but then again having owners that claim that they are from the USSR rather than Russia is even stranger lol

Ah the good old hammer and sickle, chappies who marched beneath that were an absolute bunch of mentalists, but that's a story for another time and place children

Does seem that this is a pretty silly bug, I would wend my way to the bugs forum and see if there is a thread there you can add this to :thup:

Ah the good old hammer and sickle, chappies who marched beneath that were an absolute bunch of mentalists, but that's a story for another time and place children

Does seem that this is a pretty silly bug, I would wend my way to the bugs forum and see if there is a thread there you can add this to :thup:

Cheers ftg87 will go look it up on the bugs forum now :)

what happens when you click on the flag?

Lenin is revived and nukes are fired at the USA.

But on a more serious note, how has this managed to make it into the game? The USSR hasn't existed since 1991 or 1990, I can't quite remember either way its been ages...

But on a more serious note, how has this managed to make it into the game?

The Soviet flag and country code will be in the game because the Soviet Union won Olympic Golds in football, and so are included in the history for the Olympic tournament.

And at a guess, the reason that there are Soviets forming takeover groups rather than Russians, is that someone wasn't paying close attention.

• Administrators

Yeah as people have said this is a known issue and is because the Soviet nation (and the Yugoslavian) are still in the game via them winning competitions in the past. Thanks for bringing it up though.

• SI Staff

I would imagine that when a consortium are taking over a club then there isn't a check made to exclude extinct nations (which are still in the database for historical reasons) and USSR will likely have a high reputation or something due to their past history.

• SI Staff
I knew I had read the answer before somewhere but couldnt find it. Other than Yugoslavia are there any other "extinct" nations that could pop up?

Probably just Soviet Union or Yugoslavia as those are the only extinct nations with financial information in the database.

• SI Staff
I guess East Germany is still in there too, isn't it?

It's still there yeah but there is no financial information set for it so I doubt they would show up as a nationality when teams are taken over by a consortium

Archived