Why does it seem impossible to sell some players?

maybe because there cruddy players?

Depends on what you mean by 'cruddy players'?

I include the likes of Alan McGregor and Steven Fletcher in this. Not world beaters but certainly could do a turn for many good sides.

Could it be because I only have the Scottish league running?

Does running extra leagues make it more likely other clubs will be interested? If so they should cater for this when programming the game. We can't all run extra leagues. I already only play in 2D.

I'm a few years in and it's getting depressing how hard it is to sell players such as Bozaglo and Malul.

It looks like I need to restart and include more leagues. Other Scottish teams can't afford my players and no English or foreign side seem willing to pay more than a token fee for them. I have a feeling it's something to do with reputation but it's certainly spoiling the game. Running more leagues seriously slows down my computer but at least there will be clubs who actually show an interest in signing players of this level.

I've had it with the odd player whether they have been a promising youngster or a first team player. No one seems to want them unless they are free.

There's a guide on how to sell players can't remember by who or where but these are the basics.

1) Set player to transfer listed

2) Set asking price to 0

3) Wait usually 2-3 weeks

4) When you get an offer for the said player for 0 deny shouldn't change their interest

5) when you have a suitable number of teams interested offer to clubs at 0 price but go to one of the tabs on the right (can't remember the name) hit 24 month payments and set your price there.

6) if asking price is too high drop off 25% or so

a lot of times you can get offers up to 10 times the players player value. This has allways worked well for me. I usually look at how many teams are interested (lets say 8) then multiply the players value by 8 thats the initial asking price if no offers see #6

I think selling is generally a lot easier than in previous versions, but I agree there are certain players that for no reason seem to be impossible to offload. Kieran Agard is valued at £500K in my reserves; I've been offering him out at £20K for two and a half years now and I get loads of offers for short term loans but never a single offer of cash even though he plays for the Jamaican national side.

There's a guide on how to sell players can't remember by who or where but these are the basics.

1) Set player to transfer listed

2) Set asking price to 0

3) Wait usually 2-3 weeks

4) When you get an offer for the said player for 0 deny shouldn't change their interest

5) when you have a suitable number of teams interested offer to clubs at 0 price but go to one of the tabs on the right (can't remember the name) hit 24 month payments and set your price there.

6) if asking price is too high drop off 25% or so

a lot of times you can get offers up to 10 times the players player value. This has allways worked well for me. I usually look at how many teams are interested (lets say 8) then multiply the players value by 8 thats the initial asking price if no offers see #6

Good to know. Probably wouldn't have helped me much so far as the only teams who were interested in the players I was selling were semi-pro.

Archived