Buy With Loan Option

Is There a way where you can buy someone and give the club a option to loan him back for the rest of season or more ?

For Example Buying a Youngster : Fabian Delph Bid : 3 mill + 2 Year Loan Option ?]

If not this would be an ace feature as it happens alot in real life ;)

Would be ace to implement i think as if you singed a 16 year old who is a very hot prospect and then could offer them him on loan for 2 seasons would just be ace. It would help when building a team for the future which is essential in these credit crunch times ;)

Isn't there a rule by the FA to prevent this?

I'm almost certain that the UEFA transfer restrictions prohibit this; I've certainly read that in the official transfer regulations, but I don't remember for certain whether it was FA or UEFA regs.

However, nothing prohibits a team from establishing a future transfer .. which the media might be mis-reporting as a "buy, then loan back" deal.

If that's the case, then the UI solution is easy - let us pick transfer dates a bit further out than we can currently.

I'm almost certain that the UEFA transfer restrictions prohibit this; I've certainly read that in the official transfer regulations, but I don't remember for certain whether it was FA or UEFA regs.

However, nothing prohibits a team from establishing a future transfer .. which the media might be mis-reporting as a "buy, then loan back" deal.

If that's the case, then the UI solution is easy - let us pick transfer dates a bit further out than we can currently.

Ah i had no idea that was a rule to prevent this which is silly but then good in a way thats a big shame as it seems to happen alot but if it is against the rules and the clubs are using a "loophole" then it cant be implemented :(:thdn:

Not sure, but the KNVB (Dutch FA) did approve this for Arjen Robben when he was singed by PSV, he immediately was loaned out for 1 year, after that he came to PSV. After that... we all know.

Check out here, here it states that the FA indeed is against this:

That fell through when the Premier League blocked Spurs from loaning him back to the Elland Road side immediately

This about Defoe transfer back to Spurs

Archived