Van Der Profit!!!

i signed van der vaart in the first season for my tottenham team the first season for 5m.

he had a three year contract on 60,000 a week

at the end of the second season barca were interested in him, so i set his asking price to 40m

and i didnt recieve any offers

at the end of the third year he wanted 80,000 a week but i didnt have the wages to give him that

so i thought ill let him go on a free, unless he droped his wage demands.

it got to the point were he went a rolling contract and a few clubs were interested in him, and finally agreed to drop his wages to 30,000. result!!

a week later barca come in with 40m bid, so i said thank you very much

just thought this was a bit weird!!

have to say i had something similar when i was managing Cruzeiro in Brazil. My best forward, Guillherme was wanted by loads of clubs, come to think of it most of my players were. Anyway's, he was worth about 4m, about the same as the clubs debt. Roma offered 10.5m for him, i thought, what the hell and counter offered for 28m. They offered 28m for him, insane, cleared the clubs debt and gave me a nice transfer kitty, i used it to buy a couple of players and win the league. I'm managing Pompey atm but Cruzeiro are still one of the best clubs now. I like the way you can get offers like that, not unrealistic i don't think.

Don't play it then.

How many times can the SAME thing be said?

Yes, buy the game with your own money, on the basis that SI have completely rewritten the transfer code to stop things like this happening, and then don't play the game, because you found out SI actually have not fixed it.......good logic.

i've just signed rene adler on a free and he's worth 27 mil already! i've already got mandanda so i'm keeping them until I find a wonderkid regen and then i'll sell adler, probably for about 50 million the way the rich clubs bid.

i'm surprised that van der vaart's sold for so much money on your game, in all of mine he sits on the bench at real for years then moves to a mid-table team

I had a similar thing happen with Gai Assulin. Barca sold him to Benfica for 4.3 million, I then got him on a free when he had six months left on his contract, the season after I signed him Barca bought him back from me for 10 million:D

I got Gai Assulin for free end of Season 1 as Barca released him - Crazy but a known "bug"

Not quite the same but look at Spurs

1. Sell defoe Jan 2008 for 7.5 million

2. Buy defoe Jan 2009 for 15 million

Kerching!

Agreed

2005- Man City sell SWP for £21M

2008- Buy him back a better player for £9

Not quite the same but it is realistic for clubs to pay stupid prices.

Archived