favoured personnel

so me praising their performances wont have any impact on whether the fans start to lurve them?

ive got one player thats been with the club for ten years, playing regular first team football and hes not getting a sniff of recognition from the fans

fickle fools

so me praising their performances wont have any impact on whether the fans start to lurve them?

ive got one player thats been with the club for ten years, playing regular first team football and hes not getting a sniff of recognition from the fans

fickle fools

Think it also may have something to do with how well he performs, he may be in your first team but he may not be a star, star players are usually the ones that get the recognition from fans. Praising the player will definately help in a small way and the more you use his name is press conferences and in news articles will help.

in my 6 season long game, I have noticed that all the players who have became favoured personnel have won the "fans player of the year" award but the lack of recognition for some of my players really bugs me and kinda hurts :'( , my loyal right-back has been in all seasonal best elevens in my tenure at the club, he has been in 4 league best elevens, 2 CL dreamteams and has won Ukrainian player of the year award and yet he only has 3 caps for Ukraine(statwise he is better than all RB-s then 1- Husyev), he also has only national reputation and isn't listed as favoured personnel.

im with ya mihk3l

its a bit like saying gary neville isnt one of man unts favoured personnel

grimoz - how do you know that praising them effects their becoming favoured personnel? or is it just something youve got the vibe of as youve played?

im with ya mihk3l

its a bit like saying gary neville isnt one of man unts favoured personnel

grimoz - how do you know that praising them effects their becoming favoured personnel? or is it just something youve got the vibe of as youve played?

Nar i meant praising them gives the fans a better view of him, the more positive comments that they see the more they will like him, im not saying that it will work all the time but it defiantely doesnt hurt, and remember that positive feedback usually results in better performance which will definately help the fans opinion of him. If a player wins the fans player of the year a few times then they also have an excellent chance.

I had a left back in FM08, who wasnt a star player but just stayed at the same club that he started his career at, he became in the clubs fav personnel. Normally it starts off with a striker, then works its way back. I have NEVER had a goalkeeper in the fav personnel list.

Quite often as soon as you praise a player - especially youngster - in the media just once, you check their personal screen and see yourself listed as their favourite.

By the end of my 1st season I had 3 players added to the club's favoured list. One was Fans' POTY; problem was one was one I wanted to sell because I'd been offered a fat fee and I had cover for him, but I was worried about the potential wrath of the fans!

If you go into confidence screen and find a player with a form the fans rates as very good, praising him will get him onto the list. Well, it does the trick for me anyway. Still knowing that, it's not easy, as I think your player must have something like an 7.80 + average in the last 5 games to be considered very good, and with the striker and AMC rating constantly dropping during a match, you would need a regular goalscorer from another position to achieve that sort of ratings 5 games in a row.

In my current game I've won the league twice and CL three times, with plently of other titles, but only one player has made it onto the favoured personnel list and that was a free kick tacking CB who scored 5 games in a row, and when I praised him, the fans applauded it and he made in onto the list.

Edit: Sergio Aguero just got added to the list after he scored a hat trick against my local rivals. I did not have to praise him so I guess there are a couple of ways to achieve this.

I had Marco Borriello make it onto the list after he scored a hattrick in a league game for Napoli against rival club Cagliari.

I also made it onto the list at the end of the first season after I won the league, but in my second season I have disappeared while Borriello has stayed on. Could this have something to do with nationality? I'm a foreign manager with Liverpool listed as favorite club, while Borriello is a native of Naples with Napoli as favorite club, who kisses the badge of his shirt every time he scores! It seems logical to me that the locals would keep Borriello as favorite and forget about me.

but has anyone seen himself or a player recieve icon status ? or even worse a legend?

i asked a while ago if it was possible for me to get on a clubs legend list, as i was hoping to become a legend at my club. Apparently it is very difficult to even get onto your clubs favoured personnel list, but it is possible (although some people have won cups etc and still not made it). Very few, if any, people seem to have made it to legend or icon status. More annoyingly, people were saying that any status you achieve is lost as soon as you leave the club (so if you took havant and waterlooville to champions league triumphs 5 seasons in a row, you might become a legend- but if you leave they stop thinking of you as one, which seems very unrealistic)

Archived