Would this be a good feature?

It might be a good idea, but only if the game was called Football Fan rather than Football Manager.

Seriously, it's a terrible idea. Manager's don't bet on matches. Even if they weren't betting on their own team, it would still lead to major investigations if they did.

Thumbs down from me. Sorry.

You could bet on a team winning a match with the odds that they have for them to win/lose. however you couldnt bet on your own team?

LOL - How would the chairman feel if you gambled away your transfer budget :D

It might be a good idea, but only if the game was called Football Fan rather than Football Manager.

Seriously, it's a terrible idea. Manager's don't bet on matches. Even if they weren't betting on their own team, it would still lead to major investigations if they did.

Thumbs down from me. Sorry.

You say that Mike but mangers do bet on other teams. I remember reading Harry Redknapp and in his piece it said that he bets on teams reguarly. :)

You say that Mike but mangers do bet on other teams. I remember reading Harry Redknapp and in his piece it said that he bets on teams reguarly. :)

But it still has nothing to do with managing a football club. Managers might have big houses, flash cars etc. but you don't see that in the game either ;)

thanks tom havfc someone understans the real game

To be honest, I wouldn't want it in the game, just proving a point there.

But it still has nothing to do with managing a football club. Managers might have big houses, flash cars etc. but you don't see that in the game either ;)

I wasn't saying I'm for the idea, I'm actually against it, like I just said, I was proving a point.

I'm sure that real managers do lots of things that aren't in the game, I really don't think this would add anything to the game, tbh.

You could bet on a team winning a match with the odds that they have for them to win/lose. however you couldnt bet on your own team?

Check your message box - you may find a writ

managers and players are NOT allowed to bet on matches. Whether someone puts a bet on their behalf may be difficult to prove

Thats why most bet on horses

Okay, so I was wrong about that. But it would still just be the same as spending your money on cars and houses or whatever. It has nothing to do with the game. I still think it's a terrible idea.

it would be quite funny, and for ages us FM'ers have wanted something to do with all the money we earn

I'm an FMer and I don't want to be able to do anything with my money. Please don't speak for me.

Okay, so I was wrong about that. But it would still just be the same as spending your money on cars and houses or whatever. It has nothing to do with the game. I still think it's a terrible idea.

I agree, everyone is speaking to me as if I think it's a good idea!

Check your message box - you may find a writ

managers and players are NOT allowed to bet on matches. Whether someone puts a bet on their behalf may be difficult to prove

Thats why most bet on horses

Now I don't know what to think. Can they bet on matches or can't they? Not that it has any bearing on what I think of the idea.

I think it is a poor idea. It's just gimmicky and if you want gimmicks, you know where to go... Fifa Manager 2007/2008/2009

Spot on, it has nothing to actually do with the practicalities and complexities of management, which is what the game is concerend with. It's a gimmick, nothing more. What next? Options about what sort of car to drive? What sort of house to buy? What to eat for dinner that night? Where to go on holiday? That's all Fifa Manager territory.

Personally I think it's to Fifa Manager stylee as Peter said, however, I do think there should be some use of the money we earn. I've no idea what but I'd like to see something that isn't crass or gimmicky like buying cars or race horses.

You should be able to bet on other teams, then you'd get to spend money you've earnt as a manager in the game! Any winnings you make you should be able to use in the purchase of certain football related items such as racehorses (Fergie), your own stables (Owen), flash cars (Ferdinand), WAGS (any) and pedigree bulldogs (Redknapp). These items should have a game value attached to them in the sense that the more you have, the more envious other managers are of you!

The media would comment on any races your horses win, arsonists burning down your stables, any speeding infrigements for which you use Mr Loophole to escape from, your latest 'bird' and the declining state of your face.

Not.

You should be able to bet on other teams, then you'd get to spend money you've earnt as a manager in the game! Any winnings you make you should be able to use in the purchase of certain football related items such as racehorses (Fergie), your own stables (Owen), flash cars (Ferdinand), WAGS (any) and pedigree bulldogs (Redknapp). These items should have a game value attached to them in the sense that the more you have, the more envious other managers are of you!

The media would comment on any races your horses win, arsonists burning down your stables, any speeding infrigements for which you use Mr Loophole to escape from, your latest 'bird' and the declining state of your face.

Not.

Sounds like you're writing the blurb for Fifa Mnager 09.

I can see a Panarama feature coming into game if this comes in. I just pointed out in earlier patch sorry didn't realise this one here I would like to see you pick a style of management to take either develop youngsters like arsene or scientific approcah like big sam with ectra staff such as sports scientists etc to appoint.

Also like to see more off field things effect players

I can see a Panarama feature coming into game if this comes in. I just pointed out in earlier patch sorry didn't realise this one here I would like to see you pick a style of management to take either develop youngsters like arsene or scientific approcah like big sam with ectra staff such as sports scientists etc to appoint.

Also like to see more off field things effect players

Do you mean in an earlier thread?

Not.

Are you reading that off the back off the latest FIFA Manager box? :)

I remember a similar feature on Ultimate Soccer manager 98 :thup: it could really effect your team though and you could bet against your own team HA.

Yea, I remember that. There was also a small chance that you'll get in trouble when people find out.

Archived