Job Status Untouchable?

My girlfriend has begun her first game on FM09 as few weeks ago, she played FM08 quite a bit. She decided to be Leeds and has got them back to back promotions to the premier league and is currently 8th after 14 games and has £40 million worth of players arriving in Jan after a new rich chairman came along and gave her £42 million to spend. Now on the board confidence its says that her job status is untouchable I have never had that before. At the monthly summary it also said the board are delighted with the leadership qualities she has shown, what does that mean exactly as I have never had that either.

Are these things common? Or are they just there after a board takeover as I havent got Job status on my other saves.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This means currently there is NO chance of her management leadership abilities being called into question e.g. the board are very very happy.

However as you know expectation changes so if she doesn't match their increasing expectations it could change in the future

It means she is better than you lol! At the risk of getting hammered, i shall start with the first 'sexist' comment. Its obvious really, as a female manager they must a different, sexual, sub menu in the board room where they can use a 'different' way of asking the board for things! ;)

My girlfriend has begun her first game on FM09 as few weeks ago, she played FM08 quite a bit. She decided to be Leeds and has got them back to back promotions to the premier league and is currently 8th after 14 games and has £40 million worth of players arriving in Jan after a new rich chairman came along and gave her £42 million to spend. Now on the board confidence its says that her job status is untouchable I have never had that before. At the monthly summary it also said the board are delighted with the leadership qualities she has shown, what does that mean exactly as I have never had that either.

Are these things common?

Your GF is better at FM09 than me :(

On a serious note, ive seen the leadership skills thingy but never the "untouchable" job status. Then again, im Newcastle and i dont think any manager in our history has ever had the untouchable status so it might be quite realistic :D

It means your girlfriend is better at FM than you! :D Or perhaps it means that given the current state of the discrimination and sexual harrasment laws in the UK, the (most likely) male board, players and backroom staff are keeping a healthy 6 inches away from her at all times.

On a more serious note, check out Dafuge's challenge towards the last few pages for screenies of 'untouchable' status.

MrPompey, are you that crazy Pompey fan that has all the badges and hats and wears them all at Fratton park and has been given his own space to bang his drum as to not annoy other fans?

Thats me, do you like my blue wig? By the way I blow a cornet and ring a bell in addition to banging the drums.

MrPompey, are you that crazy Pompey fan that has all the badges and hats and wears them all at Fratton park and has been given his own space to bang his drum as to not annoy other fans?
Yeah brilliant, there's no way that's you though.

Thats correct :D

His name is John Westwood. He even has Pompey wall paper and Pompey Loo paper

Guess what job he does.................he's an antiques dealer :D - true!!

He's a complete nutter, but out and out Pompey mad. He was on Sky Sports News the other day talking about Defoe leaving

He's a loyal supporter, a rare thing these days :)

I'm angry that MON didn't make an offer for Defoe. One of the best strikers in the Prem imo.

As long as she doesn't take her new status too literally your relationship should be fine.

-Dr. Phil

Gotta listen to Dr Phil he's the man. She hasnt started ribbing my yet but if or when she gets the prem title she might start. I won it 3 times in a row with Sunderland, I wonder what strain it would put our relationship under if she did the quad and won it 4 times in a row?

I'm angry that MON didn't make an offer for Defoe. One of the best strikers in the Prem imo.

as a 6 yard box type of striker he is good. I think there are plenty better.....unfortunately we need a new one :(

Thats correct :D

His name is John Westwood. He even has Pompey wall paper and Pompey Loo paper

Guess what job he does.................he's an antiques dealer :D - true!!

Surely it should be Southampton loo roll? Mr mrs has some! On an even lighter note, my mrs name is Charmaine so i spent a day adding an extra A and E into all the print on a loo roll with a biro so it spelt her name! I dont think she found it as funny as me mind but she did sort of praise* my application!

True story! And i know its off topic lol

* by praise, i mean get asked why i cant be so foccussed around the house!

Ch Ch Ch CH.......Charmaine

Ask her to try and issue an ultimatum, maybe this is the level when you can do this. Otherwise 'untouchable' is the wrong word.

She saved it first obviously and asked for more transfer money then issued and ultimatum and was sacked not that untouchable then really.

She saved it first obviously and asked for more transfer money then issued and ultimatum and was sacked not that untouchable then really.

That's a massive let down to be honest. Untouchable definitely the wrong word :thdn:

Still, Ashley J Williams >>> Us

as a 6 yard box type of striker he is good. I think there are plenty better.....unfortunately we need a new one :(

I'd have him over Gabby and Carew anyday.

Who else has a girlfriend / wife that plays FM

That would surely be the perfect woman :D

My gf likes football. That's good enough for me.

I also have job status as "Very secure" and leadership abilities good, etc. Probably your GF attained that status because all items, above "job security" are very good. This is probably the criteria for that to happen.

I, for example, seldom have a good score on my transfer dealings. I bring in a lot of youngsters and reserves, in order to develop, but this apparently means, according to the game engine, that I'm a failure because they are not having great first team seasons. If your GF doesn't care about this and maybe just gets a few proven players, who are able to contribute, she'll get a very good rating here.

Same if she has a good deal of players performing well, she'll get a good rating on player performance. There's also the competition rating and it looks like she's doing great, so another plus. Finally we have the salary performance rating, maybe she's good with those things also and doesn't overpay and keeps salaries in check.

EDIT: Oh, I see you already posted a screenie. Indeed, it looks like the topmost bars are the most important, she's got them almost to the max. And also a good rating on Transfers. That's what you(we) lot need to do to get there.

I also have job status as "Very secure" and leadership abilities good, etc. Probably your GF attained that status because all items, above "job security" are very good. This is probably the criteria for that to happen.

I, for example, seldom have a good score on my transfer dealings. I bring in a lot of youngsters and reserves, in order to develop, but this apparently means, according to the game engine, that I'm a failure because they are not having great first team seasons. If your GF doesn't care about this and maybe just gets a few proven players, who are able to contribute, she'll get a very good rating here.

Same if she has a good deal of players performing well, she'll get a good rating on player performance. There's also the competition rating and it looks like she's doing great, so another plus. Finally we have the salary performance rating, maybe she's good with those things also and doesn't overpay and keeps salaries in check.

She bought quite a few youth players last season and only bought in players to do the job of keeping her out of relegation this season so that could be why. She has only got 5 players on more than 10k a week with Joe Hart on the most at 18k a week. This will change though as she has better players arriving in Jan with one on 48k a week, another on 25k a week, 42k a week and 24k a week, so it might drop once they arrive.

Surely it should be Southampton loo roll? Mr mrs has some! On an even lighter note, my mrs name is Charmaine so i spent a day adding an extra A and E into all the print on a loo roll with a biro so it spelt her name! I dont think she found it as funny as me mind but she did sort of praise* my application!

True story! And i know its off topic lol

* by praise, i mean get asked why i cant be so foccussed around the house!

Ch Ch Ch CH.......Charmaine

Nice one LOL :D

has £40 million worth of players arriving in Jan after a new rich chairman came along and gave her £42 million to spend

Typical woman soon as she get some money spends it straight away without thought or getting anything for the man than gave it her :D.

sexist. a little. dont hurt me.

Archived