Championship To Prem Help

I Have never done this jump before but oh my god how hard is the switch can any one give me tips on how to handle this jump

i am 2 games in played united and spurs lost both games :( and as typing am 2-1 down to arsenal * 3-1 now :(

please please help

The gap between Championship & Premiership is vast.

Try hijack a few players from relegated sides. Remember that loaning from mid table prem sides can work wonders. Just stick at it and remember to expect defeats. Try to find a tactic which can manage to grab you vital away points aswell.

well i won the championship as i took over west ham after they got relagated had 2 sell everyone cus they where in major debt i basiclly saved the club but the jump has stuned me alot

and i did lose to united 5-4

am now outta transfer lol

woops ment to edit above not reply

to be fair your opening games havent exactly been easy for a newly promoted team, expect a long hard season and hope to nick points off any one, only games you should expect to try and take points from are other promoted sides and if you made alot of signings it will be dec/jan before they have Gelled

Second half of May/all of June/First half of July right after promotion is the most important month for making this transition. During this time do the following:

-Scout the 3 relegated from PRM sides and pick of the players that are atleast decent (preferably good PRM) players (on current ability) that will come to your team and you can afford them.

-Scout all the free agents and cheaper transfer listed players.

-Look for player available for loans (though usually i find that i can get better players thru transfers and free signings)

Most of you scouting should be done my June 23rd (when you get your next budget) and then try signing players in the next 2 weeks or so

BUT always leave room for 1 or 2 signings for later in July/ early Aug. Because some of the free agents have high expectations while they have a contract. The longer the stay without a contract the lower their asking wages can drop. This way you can get some good players that were previously unaffordable.

Typically, depending on the strength of your championship team you can end up with 10 new players in your top 15 or so players.

You can also use your existing players as a source of funds. I have found that successful championship players are over valued when you get to PRM. So i was able to sell both my strikers for about $7mil each and convert that into 2-3 better, younger but untested (therefore cheaper) strikers.

Since you have already started the season, i suggest you try getting new players for the January window.

The downside is that after such massive over haul it usually take my team 2-3 months to gel (depending on schedule). With a decent friendly schedule, i can have my team clicking my the 8th to 10th game. In your case, your rebuilt team may not gel till march :(

That said you only have to beat 3 teams in the standings to survive so it should still be possible!

Your first season should be focused on staying up. Forget about the top half of the table. Finishing 16th or 17th will be good enough. I found that around 25-30 pts for the season will usually keep you up. Dont aim to beat the big teams, infact if you can, rest your better players when going up against "the top 4" Ultra Defensive against these teams. 1 striker, 4 mids, 1 DMC, 4 defenders.

My view is always 1 point gained and never 2 pts lost, even when you feel you could have won it, at the end of the day, its a point towards your survival.

Teams like Fulham, Sunderland, Wigan (mainly the teams who perform quite poorly in my game but always manage to stay up are the teams you should look to beat)

Dont play fancy. A simple 442 can do wonders.

Dont go too far in the cups. Getting to the semi final of the FA cup is great, however if it means your players are tired and fatigued for a huge bottom of the table match coming up then you have no hope. Use cup matches to give the players you dont use alot a chance to have a game, you'll probably lose but miracles happen and it'll stop them complaining about a lack of matches

Along with the tips from above, if you can use them then you should be able to stay up.

Good luck

PS, who are you playing as

Archived