Unrealistic player ratings

Hi All,

I'm wondering if this is just me being pedantic or if anyone else has noticed this. I'm more than sure i'll get the usual responses of it's because a certain other Glasgow based team is World Class. If that's your only contribution, please avoid it, as this will only turn into a usual bigoted topic which i'm sure no-one outside the goldfish bowl of Glasgow even want's to read.

I've been an avid player of CM/FM series now from around 97/98 series and i'm starting to wonder if the people inputting the stats for the SPL are just making them up as they go along. I normally play as Rangers, however do enjoy the challenge of playing as my current home town of Falkirk. However especially so over the last few years i have noticed that the stats for players in the SPL have became a bit of a joke. Case in point, Rangers player Nacho Novo has a finishing rating of 1. Now it's fair to say there are far better finishers in the SPL than Nacho Novo, but come on, a rating of 1. There are defenders with better ratings.

Also, look at the current best players/most sought after players in the SPL in real life and their stats; e.g. Christophe Berra, Andrew Driver, Steven Fletcher etc. Looking at their stats in comparison to even an English Championship player of similar value and wages and you'd think you were comparing Caviar with something that sounds like trap. I know the SPL is not seen as a big league down in merry old England, but give us a break. Another case in point, former Rangers player Carlos Cuellar was stats wise distinctly average in last years game whilst this year at Aston Villa has some very healthy stats. This is the same player bear in mind, or did he finally have someone check out what he was really like and get properly rated as he should have been in the SPL, along with the rest.

Sorry if this is turning into a bit of a rant, and whilst i am enjoying the game this year (unlike last year where after 3 weeks it got boxed back up never to see the light of day again) i am getting a bit peeved at the stats of players for the SPL which seem so out of whack. Albeit Rangers aren't that great this year in real (again which i must admit too) if you were a complete novice to the SPL you would think that Celtic are filled with World Class players and everyone else seem's to just be there to make up numbers. Whilst i am loathe to admit to Celtic being overly abundant with World Class players in real life, it seem's the person doing their stats has done everything to make his team as strong as possible in the game... just wish some other teams could follow the same train of thought... or better yet, get the stats more realistic.

Hi skorp, thanks for the reply. Only picked Novo as an example, but there does seem to be quite a few players who's stats are pretty far out. I know this is only subjective as a player i think is great, someone else may think is really poor. Just mean in comparison to other players of similar value/wages/CA in other leagues, they don't match up too great.

Hi R-Dizzle, thanks for the reply. Haven't been playing the game long enough to know about the regen's as only got the game at Xmas, but good to know for when i'm further into my game.

lol, re-reading over my post it reads a little dismissive.

Like 'some of the best regens come from Scotland so shut up...' lol. But yea, some good regens i've found in my game came from there. And I rate the young players too. I can't comment on quality of starting players as i'm a Lower leage manager mostly and thus only look at the reserves players lol.

If you're only looking at reserve players and they seem to be of reasonable quality, then i would hope (possibly expect) the starting players are of a reasonably higher quality. The fact that the reserve players are pretty good is better than the reserves when you start the game so always a good thing.

Roll on Season 2030 so i can get some quality players in my team... Assuming i'm not sacked before then. lol

Archived