Havant and Waterlooville

Surely their reputation should be 'Worldwide'? I was born and live in Australia but even I have heard of their amazing FA Cup run, beating Swansea and taking it to Liverpool. Sort it out SI, the amount of bugs in this game is disgusting...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read some ridiculous complaints about "bugs" in my time, but that takes the biscuit!

Are you being serious?

I second this !!

This thread surely cant last long, if its a "bug" it needs to be in bug forum :p mehehe

Think of reputation then a bit a different then

Think of reputation in terms of a club steeped in history, think in terms of past and current success, think in terms of players desire to play for these clubs

I would consider giant killing feats, whilst very admirable, in the grand scale of things not to be a reputation feat but more in terms of a club temporarily punching above its weight. However had they won the FA Cup then no doubt their reputation would have increased

Although I very much doubt he's serious, I can see where he's coming from. To someone outside of England, I'd bet H&W are more likely to be known, due to their cup run, than many clubs of a nominally higher reputation.

You really think they should have a worldwide reputation?

the whole reputation one is a strange one i think, how is it defined? i'll take my club as an example, Fulham. Not sure what our reputation is in game but the fact that we are (or at least were) a club that harboured many USA internationals we would have a good reputation over there, as with Japan and when Junichi Inamoto played for us, same for South Korea and Seol Ki-Hyeon, does that make us wordlwide because of these players? my guess is we're probably not worldwide on the game

Who are they?

(can't believe no-one beat me to that. how old do I feel now!)

i did atempt too. But got muddled and missed the line out.

Accrington Stanley

Who are they?

Exactly

/dodge scouse accent

I can see the OP's point, serious or not, to an extent. However, if Havant & Waterlooville had a worlwide rep in the game then that woukd give them an unfair advantage of being able to sign better players than the rest of the clubs in their respective league. At the end of the day. whilst their cup run was amazing, IRL im sure it hasnt stoked the fire of the likes of Kaka, Messi, etc declaring an interest in joining them!

Who are they?

(can't believe no-one beat me to that. how old do I feel now!)

not everyone in the world watches the FA cup

agreed but likely more than the Scottish cup e.g. I'd suspect reputation change greater / more important for an Rnglish FA cup win than Scottish. Not be awkward, just factual :)

Surely their reputation should be 'Worldwide'? I was born and live in Australia but even I have heard of their amazing FA Cup run, beating Swansea and taking it to Liverpool. Sort it out SI, the amount of bugs in this game is disgusting...

never heard of them, and live close to britain. sorted. stupid thread

Sorry mate, just because Havant & Waterlooville had an amazing run in the cup last year it doesn't warrant them having a worldwide reputation, by doing that within the game it could have some strange consequences. If SI did this every year we would end up with a lot of non-league clubs surging up the leagues, and IRL Havant & Waterlooville aren't exactly setting the world alight in the Blue Square South.

Sorry, bad idea to give H & W a Worldwide reputation imo.

I can see the OP's point, serious or not, to an extent. However, if Havant & Waterlooville had a worlwide rep in the game then that woukd give them an unfair advantage of being able to sign better players than the rest of the clubs in their respective league. At the end of the day. whilst their cup run was amazing, IRL im sure it hasnt stoked the fire of the likes of Kaka, Messi, etc declaring an interest in joining them!

Whs ^ Totally agree.

Archived