URGENT question! re Buying a player

im going to explain this as best i can, im playing a network game with 4 mates in the premiership. im man city and there has been a battle for david villa all summer now we are coming up to january and i have signed him... nearly!

i offered 9.75 mill up front 45mill over 24 months and 30mill after 40 league games.

my bank ballance is 42 million and remaining budget is 12million.

i have delayed the transfer for a week as i dont have sufficient funds.

my question is.. how much do i need to raise? i think its (45 + 9.75) - 42 = 12.75 million is this correct or do i need the 30 million required for his league apperances or what?

I need to know urgently as we are resuming tonight and one of my mates wants to buy elano and he will pay 15 mill but i dont want to sell if it means i cant get DAVID VILLA.

Cheers for reading and your help.

s

If it is like previous versions you need the full transfer fee available. Which means you need to have 74.75 millions in transfermoney to make the deal go through. Not sure it works like this in 09 as all my signings are free players.

You need to have sufficient money in your transfer budget, it makes no odds whats in your bank balance e.g. you want to buy a player for 40 million, you offer 5 million up front and 35 million over 24 months......unless you have 40 million in your transfer budget you cant buy him.

Why, because you'd bankrupt the club

If you sell a player check how much of this money you get back as transfer funds, its not necessarily 100%

the answer is somewhere on the forum. obviously you need the 9.75mil then you need a % of the others, but cant remember what percentage it is.

p.s. maybe try getting rid of the 30mil after 40 league games and just giving 50% of next sale or summit, cos are you really ever gonna get to a point in the game when you're gonna want to sell.

and surely elano is rubbish so you'd sell him anyway

elano is terrible indeed lol but i only have theo walcott to play on the right so i need a back up, if i get villa i have nihat who can play right..

ive also tryed negotiating with valencia re % to no avail, ive even made friends with their manager.

You need to have sufficient money in your transfer budget, it makes no odds whats in your bank balance e.g. you want to buy a player for 40 million, you offer 5 million up front and 35 million over 24 months......unless you have 40 million in your transfer budget you cant buy him.

i'm not sure myself.

just remembered my situation.

i had 40mill transfer fund.

paid something like 10 up front and 10 over 12 months. but only 10mill left my trasnfer fund. meaning i still had 30 to spend. now i dont know whether that means it would still have gone through if i only had a transfer fund of 10 of whether i STILL would have needed 20.

Think you are going to end up paing the 9.75 + 1/2 of the 45mill over 24 months immediately. 30mill after 40 league games will happen when it happens. Just hope jou have it in the balance when it does.

Never really understood the "over x years" option as you still need the full amount of money in your transfer budget and balance at that time you make the sale. That only concernes when using the "over 12 months" option.

When you use the "over 24 months" you don't need the full amount in the transfer budget but i do think you still need it in the balance.

You obviously need the 9.75m, as that's paid up front

You need however much of the over-time money that will be paid in your current transfer budget. As it's a January transfer, I think this will only be 1/4 of it. The rest will come out of future budgets - you won't actually see this, as your starting budget will already take it into account next season.

The league games played is harder. I *think* it's not taken into account at all, but I'm not certain.

edit: Been thinking about the league games thing. I seem to remember something from past FMs where the money is taken out of your budget if the player can reach the amount this season, but not if he can't. Not sure at all on this, just a vague memory.

so PhroX by your reconing i would need only 9mill...

Nope, it'd be about 21m

9.75m initial fee, plus 1/4x45 which is just over 11

Oh, just realised, do you mean 9m more then you have now? If so, I think so. I'm not certain though. The over time thing should only use 1/4, as that's all thats coming this season, but it might just be a flat 50% (ie 1 years). It's certainly not any more than that though. I very rarely do January purchases, but when I buy in the summer, it takes half of a 24month fee..

I signed Rene Adler for 0 up front and 40 million after 40 league appearences with a transfer budget of next to nothing, as far as I know as long as the clubs bank balance covers the full amount of the transfer it will go through regardless of your actual tranfer budget.

If you make a transfer that is moving 10s of millions over this years budget just to be taken out of next years there should be more board interaction. Who is even to say they have 30 or 40 million to spend the next season except the board.

The way i see it, You need your 9.75 mill + half of your 45 mill = 32.25 million in the transfer fund. Then after that you need 40 million in the clubs bank balance to cover the 40 appearances clause! All that money makes me jealous mind, surely its fun to be frugal?

I have just completed a transfer for Issar Dia which is 0 upfront and 20 million after 40 league appearances. The 20 million wasnt calculated into the transfer and I definetly couldnt cover it with the clubs balance which was only 12 million in total. If you sell villa before the 40 games you wont have to pay the extra money after the 40 league game clause.

The way i see it, You need your 9.75 mill + half of your 45 mill = 32.25 million in the transfer fund. Then after that you need 40 million in the clubs bank balance to cover the 40 appearances clause! All that money makes me jealous mind, surely its fun to be frugal?

Why half of the 45? Shouldn't it be 1/4 given that, as a January transfer, only 25% of it will occur under the current transfer budget?

Why half of the 45? Shouldn't it be 1/4 given that, as a January transfer, only 25% of it will occur under the current transfer budget?

Because you only get one transfer budget per season. Regardless of when the transfer happens it will only apply to that seasons transfer budget, so therefore, 2 budgets = 2 seasons = 24 months.

Because you only get one transfer budget per season. Regardless of when the transfer happens it will only apply to that seasons transfer budget, so therefore, 2 budgets = 2 seasons = 24 months.

You do know that you can adjust your transfer budget mid season by giving up some of your wage budget and vice versa dont you?

your transfer budget varies during the season, if you start for example with 50 million and sell say robinho for 30 million your transfer budget would be 80 mill pprovided you get 100%.

and when you use the option to pay up over 12- 24 months it goes up in 6 month incriments, so in my opinion you should only be paying out 25% weather or not this is the case remains to be seen.

i will let you all know tonight / tomorow what happens, thats if i have the cahonies to sell elano.. im worried because im top of the league and on a 8 game winning streak, dont want to unbalance the team and be left with no RM cover and no David Villa..

TomHAVFC:

Football Manager £30, laptop £400, Fags £3.80 seeing your mates face (who loves David Villa with passion and sees him as his love child, and the same mate who stole my love child Aguero after a gentlemans agreement went wrong) when you buy Villa regardless of cost.... PRICELESS!!

TomHAVFC:

Football Manager £30, laptop £400, Fags £3.80 seeing your mates face (who loves David Villa with passion and sees him as his love child, and the same mate who stole my love child Aguero after a gentlemans agreement went wrong) when you buy Villa regardless of cost.... PRICELESS!!

Lol, well thought out :thup:. But I still feel you're paying too much. :)

I didn't think it mattered whether the transfer was in January or in the summer??? I thought that it is still classed as 24 months worth of payments, regardless of how far into a season you are. It will just mean that payments are completed in January in 2 years' time

TomHAVFC:

Can you point me in the direction of the £3.80 fags please? The shops round my area are all just over a fiver!

Archived