Man City appoint unkown manager!

Given Man City's current backers, there is no way they would hire an unknown regional manager in 2009. This is a bug. Any other team and it may be "one of those things," but not for Man City.

Hmmm, I still don't think it's a bug imo.

Arsenal hired Arsene Wenger as a virtual unknown IRL.

Remember when he joined them? The paper headlines; "Arsene Who???"

It happens occasionally in the game, as it does IRL. Hardly a bug.

He may have been a "virtual unknown" in the UK, but on the "continent" he was very well known and highly regarded. Especially France and Italy. Mainly for his exceptional youth development and talent spotting at Monaco.(took Monaco to European Cup, Champions league now, semi-finals, I think. Mainly with a squad of kids!) Talents that everybody has seen at the Gunners. Before Arsenal he was linked with quite a lot of high profile jobs. Of the top of my head, Before Arsenal, I remember him been in the mix for the jobs at PSG, also Napoli (when Napoli where still very big in Serie A) and Lazio.

I'm not sure if I'd call this a bug. How well known was Avram Grant before he came to Chelsea?

He was hired internally.

He was a friend of Roman, who convinced Pompy to take him on as DoF so he could learn the ropes in england. He then went to Chelsea as DoF and was moved internally to manager.

If the City guy had been DoF at city beforehand, it is possible he could have been hired as manager, but not as an outsider.

And as for the "Arsene Who?" people, he was the man who brought George Weah to europe, Monaco to the pinnacle of europe and a japanese club from nowhere to competing on every level. In FM, his reputation would be between National and Continental before joining Arsenal, but with VERY high management stats. :p

He was hired internally.

He was a friend of Roman, who convinced Pompy to take him on as DoF so he could learn the ropes in england. He then went to Chelsea as DoF and was moved internally to manager.

If the City guy had been DoF at city beforehand, it is possible he could have been hired as manager, but not as an outsider.

That's my point though. He was a DoF, not a manager. So he and his managing/coaching had hardly a world-class rep at the time. I'd say it must have been regional or national at best.

The OP was questioning the appointment because of the guy's low rep. I do agree though that he must have had something to do with City or in the region for them to hire him.

Chelsea hired Avram Grant last season, that was the biggest FAIL in the history of our club

Runners up in the league,league cup and european cup I wouldn't go as far as to say he was the worst thing in your clubs history..

Oh but maybe your a new Chelsea fan who doesn't remember when you weren't even a top 6 club

After 2 midtable positions in leauge 2 with swindon i was asked to take over sunderland and then aston villa.

They were both struggeling to survive in premier leauge. Think its a bit strange that they ask me since i havent done anything with swindon yet? Maybe its because i started the game as an "former national player"?

Given Man City's current backers, there is no way they would hire an unknown regional manager in 2009. This is a bug. Any other team and it may be "one of those things," but not for Man City.

It occured to me that they may have hired him as he has knowldge of Brazil and as Robinho's always moaning when I manage Man city. I figured they may have hired this guy to try and get the best out of him and Jo.

After 2 midtable positions in leauge 2 with swindon i was asked to take over sunderland and then aston villa.

They were both struggeling to survive in premier leauge. Think its a bit strange that they ask me since i havent done anything with swindon yet? Maybe its because i started the game as an "former national player"?

It's definitely that. I've discussed it at length, tenthreeleader on FMS got the Reading job after one title-winning season in Serie C, because he started with that rep. If you don't do anything terribly stupid, your rep is high and you will get good jobs.

skorp's post says it all: the owners talking about getting Cristiano Ronaldo and breaking the big four are not going to hire a complete unknown.

Arsenal hired Arsene Wenger as a virtual unknown IRL.

Wrong. :thdn:

Arsene had a good time at Monaco and was the main candidate for the Bayern job before moving to Arsenal.

Frankly, who did not know him before he went there is not one of the biggest experts. He might have been unknown to those who just watch the national league on TV, but to experts he was a big name already then.

Mourinho manager of manutd is realistic because he wants revenge on chelsea because of him getting kicked out. He still feels for the players so after 4 years some / most will have moved on and what better club to get revenge on chelsea with!

As a manutd fan i wouldn't moan about mourinho taking over after ferguson.

Chelsea hired Avram Grant last season, that was the biggest FAIL in the history of our club

are you high? How many times have Chelsea reached the Champions League final, only to lose by a single penalty? They were right in the Premiership title race up until the very last day. I was honestly shocked he got fired, especially considering that he was never given time to build his team.

Archived