Arsenal are completely overrated - conspiracy?

I'm still playing 08 because I never buy new FM until the final patch is released (for obvious reasons). With that said I'd just like to point out how ridiculously overrated Arsenal are in the game. Quite frankly it is an absolute disgrace, having just resigned from a two player game with my pal after getting thrashed in every game by Arsenal I feel this is a fact that needs pointing out.

Unless you haven't followed football for the last few years you will have noticed that Arsenal haven't won anything for a good few years but when it comes to FM they're virtually unbeatable... Watching your team win almost all season just to get an arse spanking from Arsenal every time is not only stupidly unrealistic, but takes away any enjoyment from the game.

As far as I'm concerned this is a game ruining critical flaw with no basis in reality. And this is supposed to be a football management simulation! Pffft, the allegiance's are fairly obvious when it comes to the latest incarnations of Football Manager.

Do a search in future, this has been brought up quite a lot to be fair.

I'm sure it has - and for good reason!

But your blasé attitude doesn't remedy the situation. I'm looking for answers, we're about to start up a Spanish league where we wont have to face the Arsenal Problem quite so often. But I'm tempted to delve inside the editor (which I haven't done for many years) to solve this particular paradox.

This thread is open for discussion on how to combat this enigma, be it tactically or otherwise.

Arsenal finished 5th in my game, I beat them once, 3-1,as Spurs. They are rated spot on, good, but very beatable with the right players and tactics.

I played a solid 4-4-2, closed them down everywhere and they created very little. Get the ball in midfield and attack quickly. I outplayed them.

Finished 15th in my last season! No problem here!

To the OP, i think youll find its not that Arsenal players being over-rated, its the fact that the way Arsenal play exploits weaknesses in the match engine. As its all been said many many times i shall leave it there, but the search tool is a useful method of finding the other 1 million threads about this!

Like I've already said, it has been covered, and can be found quite easily with a quick search.

This is correct. Please search before posting duplicate threads. The threads that have covered this have gone into a lot of detail, so look at/use them instead of creating duplicate threads. Cheers.

Archived