is there any way to stop ronney from getting one on one chances?

It isn't just a case of whether he is fast enough, it is if he sees the ball coming, that is he anticipates it, coupled with the fact that Richards is likely to be facing the direction the ball is coming from when it is played means that he is naturally on the back foot against a player like Rooney

For me, the best way to stop this happening is to try to cut off the supply that is getting to Rooney, namely by man marking and closing down on the wingers and full backs

I take it your on about through balls, whereas the defender in question (even if he is goal side) always seems to either get nudged slightly before they run together making him need to catch up (which they never do) or just basically get done for speed in such epic proportions you could compare the attacker to a freight train and the defender to a unicycle.

Yes that happens all the time in my game, nearly every through ball results in that happening. Of course the amount of one on ones that strikers miss is way too much as well but it seems to me the match engine compensates for the apparant godlyness of the through balls by making strikers shoot as soon as they hit the 18 yard box regardless of how far away any incoming tackle may or may not be.

That is my biggest gripe about the match engine really. This also just came into the 9.2 patch as it was never that bad with 9.1. The defenders coped with through balls with far better aplumb than they do nowadays.

Thank you, my sleep deprived brain was starting to lose track of what was going on

I was totally opposite, I did'nt see the spelling mistake :p

[off topic] Although I will blame it on my 3rd quadruple with Newcastle [off topic]

[off topic] Although I will blame it on my 3rd quadruple with Newcastle [off topic]

You were just dying to find a thread you could shoehorn that into weren't you? ;)

buy him so he cant play against ;) I assume ur using man city since u have richards

Yeah, either do that or tell all your team to kick crap out of him so he gets injured :thup:

:D

IT HAPPENED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, Vidic or Rio or someone else got the ball, had a long pass then suddenly i found my dcs(Yobo and Richards, both with 18 pace) got behind and Rooney ONCE AGAIN got a one on one chance, ONCE AGAIN round the keeper then blasted it into the NET.

To be fair though Richards has a poor sense of positioning and Yobo doesn't have the best mental attributes out there. In FM 09 I tend to avoid tight marking and just ask my players to close down a dangerous player at all times.

Archived