Preferred formations?

I've only just noticed that my assistant manager has changed his preferred formation from the old, boring 4-4-2 to my exciting, new barrowed and farrowed 4-1-0-3-2 with which we are able to win games. Did he make the switch because he realized that he's getting his paychecks from a team with a boatload of ST's and AMC's and without a single natural winger? Or have I got a real convert in sea of in-game disbelievers? Someone who will carry on my legacy after I've gone and retired this manager. Seems to me that winning the premier league 4 times in row should make more believers but I'll take one if it's all I can get.

You may also just have the "use existing tactics" button ticked in your managing options.

If you have and you set them to use this tactic then that is why.

I am off to see if my ass man has done any thing similar as i can't remember if i told him to use my tactics.

Your ass man will just simply use his preferred tactics regardless of which players you have/ assign. If you tell him to use the current tactics, then he won't change anything about it.

Btw, I also prefer 4-3-1-2, 4-4-2 is fairly obsolete in this game. Yet my ass man would play 4-3-1-2 every time I let him take charge of a game, unless I told him to stick by my tactics.

Just wondering... when the 'Ass Man' takes charge of your game i.e. as a result of a touchline ban, do they make tweaks to your tactics during game? I recently got a touchline ban, the 'Ass Man' took over and won the match 5-1 with my tactic - my biggest win to date. And to think my youth team are in 18th position thanks to his stupid 4-3-3 formation.

Archived