Suggestion!! New slider option.

I hope that this is picked up by the mods and SI testers. I have one or two ideas for the "improvement" of the game. I shall only post the one for now, to "test the water"! I shall call it the "cutting in" slider.

Make available in the tactical screen a new slider called cutting in. It will operate the same as the cross ball slider, thus.

Cutting In..... rarely-------mixed-------often. Cross Ball..... rarely-------mixed-------often. The two sliders are to be used in direct conjunction with each other. That is, that when you increase the cutting in slider, the cross ball slider will automatically decrease. When you increase the cross ball slider the cutting in slider will decrease by the same amount. The idea being that you can't have a player set to cross ball often and set to cut in often at the same time. It is a conflict of actions.

The slider is meant for use with wide midfielders and wingers thus. If your player has good dribling skills but low crossing skills, he is set to cut in. As the cutting in slider is increased the crossing slider decreases accordingly. The reverse is true if the player has good crossing skills but low dribbling skils. If a player has more or less equal dribbling and crossing slills, the putting him on mixed will suffice.

The same procedure could be applied to the RWB and TTB sliders, as they to are deemed to be conflicting actions. I am also thinking about the other sliders but it all takes time. I am not the best at tactics within the game and also have to work and be a dutiful husband etc, etc and try to find the time to play the game, BADLY!!!, I might add. Any SI testers, mods or more knowledgeable gamers than myself, please read and pass comments, good bad or indifferent. Then, along the way we may actually get to improve the great game. Kind regards.

well i like the option for a "cutting in" option and i can see it going down well tbh :)

Second that :thup:

Would love to see is this would stop my wingers from running at the corner flag no matter if I tell them to cross from deep

gauvner, weeeman sciag and skorp. Please forgive my ignorance in my postings. I am not pc literate. I am not aware what the term "bump" means, in pc terms. I have not a clue how to make a "linkage". I just didn't want, what I thought of as a good idea, my post to dissapear without someone have the chance to read. I am aware of the huge volume of posts that the higher-ups get asked to read. Please accept my apologies for any incovenience or offence that I may have caused. Kind regards to all.

i really like this idea as the only way to get your players to cut in at the moment is CF high, Cross Ball rarely, RWB often, FWR often, and I don't want my cutting in wingers to have those instructions, but I want them to cut in!

I like the idea, but instead of just being "cutting-in", I'd extend it further into a individual width slider in the manner that there are individual Mentality, CF etc sliders. So, not only is it useful for wide players, but it can be used for everyone.

Make available in the tactical screen a new slider called cutting in. It will operate the same as the cross ball slider, thus.

Cutting In..... rarely-------mixed-------often. Cross Ball..... rarely-------mixed-------often. The two sliders are to be used in direct conjunction with each other. That is, that when you increase the cutting in slider, the cross ball slider will automatically decrease. When you increase the cross ball slider the cutting in slider will decrease by the same amount. The idea being that you can't have a player set to cross ball often and set to cut in often at the same time. It is a conflict of actions.

I like the look of a cutting in slider, i think it would add a bit extra to tactics in a positive way. Although i don't agree that it conflicts with the cross ball slider. For example you might play a right footed winger on the left wing, so by instructing him to cut in often and cross often you are making best use of his stronger foot. Although i'm now thinking there is also the 'cross from deep, mixed, byline' slider to think about aswell.

Maybe it's down to how you define 'cutting in'. To me it would be going infield before reaching the penalty area. From that point there is still many oppurtunities to cross the ball as well to dribble or shoot.

Thanks very much, daylight, for making me see it, if you will excuse the bad pun! Thanks also, to you all, for reading my efforts, especially small mac. Getting someone else to contribute to my thoughts has provoked others to add their ideas as well. the whole thing could now give SI more thoughts on the sliders for next year. Kind regards to you all.

Archived