An experiment

albeit incomplete..

i got bored of losing so useing the editor for a laugh completed a dream team under the rufc name, rooney, messi, ferdinand, terry, gerrard etc etc

guess what still the same start 10 games won 3 d 3 lost4, in league 2

just thought it was interesting,

just a bit fed up relly co i love the game and i love rufc and the 2 obv dont go together, i will just have to maek do till april

Are you mad? It's crap!

What? No, it's not. It's a much better challenge, especially for anyone looking to try somewhere different.

Gave up playing in the English leagues in FM06 as it gets boring due to too much cash, over-inflated reps and repetitiveness.

Are you mad? It's crap!

Why do you think its crap? Please tell me why.

il give you 2 reasons why i like Brazilian league better then the English.

1. WAGES

Premier league is ruined by overpaid players.

Heres a wage budget comparison, from the start of the game.

Newcastle: 740k +/-

Gremio FBPA: 122k +/-

As you can see .. Michael Owens weekly wage is about as much as the total wage budget for my favorite team Gremio FBPA.

The player who "racks" the most money in Brazil is Rogerio Ceni with 23k, but hes a legend. (33 yo) and plays for Sao Paulo.

2. Youth Academy

Brazilian youth academys brings so many more talents then the English.

oh and what jptykes said above .. cheers m8.

---

there's more, but im gonna go back to my game now.

Why do you think its crap? Please tell me why.

2. Youth Academy

Brazilian youth academys brings so many more talents then the English.

Definitely. Technically way beyond anything the English clubs produce in game, perhaps weaker physically though (especially stamina).

albeit incomplete..

i got bored of losing so useing the editor for a laugh completed a dream team under the rufc name, rooney, messi, ferdinand, terry, gerrard etc etc

just a bit fed up relly co i love the game and i love rufc and the 2 obv dont go together, i will just have to maek do till april

You might want to try another game altogether with them results mate

Frankly, it sounds that the OP might for once deserve the dreaded standard reply. Quality of players should not be an issue there...

It's your tactics :D

No, seriously, tactics, motivation, something like that, must be wrong. Read some threads in T&T (TTF is always a good start), then repeat the "experiment".

That's an odd logic. I still think FM will be much better than CM though.

either way im sure on cm rufc wont lose the ability to win at the end of september and then not win again in the season. i genuinely belevie THAT has been hardcoded in as it happens without fail every time.i love this game so much its just such a shame that the one team i want to be are bugged that why im saying i'll have to go with cm

albeit incomplete..

just a bit fed up relly co i love the game and i love rufc and the 2 obv dont go together, **** CENSORED ****

Actually that's a cool (if unrealistic - so what?) experiment - even better to try it with Luton and see if you can get promoted from a -30 points base.

Dunno why your season started like that tho' - I've used the editor to create a superteam - a squad of my version of the best players playing in the EPL (similar to you but e.g. Fabregas rather than Messi). Even without the team blending, we still swept all aside comfortably. It must be your tactics, mate. :p

it isnt impossible to win after september with rotherham, ur tempting me to have a go myself and prove you wrong

fell free to have a go and let me know how you get on

i admit 80% of that statement is frustration (with myself i spodse for not being as good a manager as i thought!) and i have rallied a bit going into oct, startied picking up points and winning but it seems to totally change after september, and all the best players forget how to play

and what makes it worse is that after 10 games i had more points than the top team but board still unhappy cos im bottom.

anyways i'\ll keep going, feel free to have a go

rufcjoe - how do you keep the players happy? At their level, aren't they hankering for a transfer come January, or did you edit the club's reputation to be up with Real Madrid?

the only thing i edited was the charimans patience and richie barker to play for us (IRL Jan transfer window) i didnt want to touch anything else or it would be cheatin, so reputation is the same

ive never yet got as far as january without being sacked so i dont know but, 13 games in this time, im doing ok and, apart from those who dont get regular 1st team football,, they seem to be happy. they r all on nice contracts and are happy enough when we win.

the only thing i edited was the charimans patience and richie barker to play for us (IRL Jan transfer window) i didnt want to touch anything else or it would be cheatin, so reputation is the same

ive never yet got as far as january without being sacked so i dont know but, 13 games in this time, im doing ok and, apart from those who dont get regular 1st team football,, they seem to be happy. they r all on nice contracts and are happy enough when we win.

you have rooney and messi in league 1, and are worried about cheating?

you have rooney and messi in league 1, and are worried about cheating?

Even when we use editors to create unrealistic scenarios like this, many of us set our own paramaters for what is acceptable alteration and what isn't. It's the old 'It's your game and you can do what you like' issue.

i agree with you that it is too hard with rotherham although i didnt do any editing and if i did i would easily get to the prem with the squad your suggesting

how did you get on, rufc normally is too difficult. in my normal game im 19th, same points as 2nd place, unbeaten in 15th, but im under pressure because of my position

albeit incomplete..

It's your tactics.

not as well as i did with luton where i was top of the league without the points difference, this made me see your point as rotherham have the better squad and i made better signings like ruddy and murphy on loan plus the board dont recognise the point deduction, with the sound of your results stick with it and you will get top half and then the season after you will get promoted probably, just keep the tactics simple at that level i suggest and you should do ok.

im glad u can see why i might be frustrated, its so annoying that the board dont recognise. yeh in my game (with normal squad) im doing ok which makes a nice change, a few nice transfers. board still not happy but if i can survive this season i think touch wood i can mount a promotion challenge next season (which i am basically doing this year) ive learnt to keep them simple, defensive away etc etc its just surviving that 1st year.

yehn ive reported it once so hopefully they will sort it. i wa doing ok untill about january when my tactics stopped working, normally ive done enough, 17 points clear of relegation etc just having a bad patch but im about to getg sacked and its so frustrating my taactics have just stopped working for no reason

anywho roll on the pacth next month

Archived