AI Team rebuilding....??

After completeing my 4th season, looking at some of the squads i notice that teams have abundace of players 34+ still playing as there key player..

Has any one else found on longer term games that the AI managed teams start to rebuild and keep there squds fairly strong?

I saw some recent posts to that effect, but have not gotten that far myself in 09. I do remember this being a problem in previous versions though. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find something, but I can't think what search term to use....."AI transfer problems"?

On a game I'm currently working on for FMS (another plug ;)), I took over Liverpool in 2020 and looking through the squad; they have managed to buy in (or develop) quite a few good regens to the point where there isn't too much strengthening needed. The only old players remaining are Daniel Agger (35), Ryan Babel (33) and Fernando Torres (36).

I'm finding that on FM09, probably due mostly to the fact that regens are far better, that teams in the future continue to have "sensible" squads. Although AI managers still lack intelligence when it comes to buying and selling players.

in later games, some big clubs fall apart simple cos they dont invest in youth/young buys! UNREALISTIC! ruins longterm games, SI should fix it.

spot on..

the big teams, are big because they continually buy the best players or develop them themselves.. its rreally sad, that such an important aspect of the game, is so flawed..

Archived