Backup/rotation players unhappy about their role

Anyone else have issues with players signing as on as "backup" or "rotation" and then becoming quickly unhappy that they are being used in that role? I understand that player roles can change over time, but I'm talking about recent signings that quite quickly want to be a first team regular despite being signed in different roles.

I suppose it should depend on their attributes / age etc.

A player who’s over 30 being signed as a backup should accept that he’s just that and is not likely to change, whereas a younger player signed as backup should want to progress eventually and how quickly he feels that should be would depend on his hidden attributes (ambition / professionalism etc.).

That’s how I think it should work anyway, no idea if FM takes this in to account.

I suppose it should depend on their attributes / age etc.

A player who’s over 30 being signed as a backup should accept that he’s just that and is not likely to change, whereas a younger player signed as backup should want to progress eventually and how quickly he feels that should be would depend on his hidden attributes (ambition / professionalism etc.).

That’s how I think it should work anyway, no idea if FM takes this in to account.

I agree with this. Younger players are more likely to want to be playing first team football nad so if they are not playing then will want to move on to progress their careers

Try a search in the bugs forum and if nothing is there raise it.

I've recently had the same having signed young players with potential as back-up players. I try to blood them gradually. recently I've had feedback that they want 1st team footy.

There appears to be an existing issue that offering them on loan no teams tend to come in for them. Alternatively they wont go out on loan to my affiliates

I think the answer would be

a) recognition of there team status as back-up player - potential bug

b) ability to play some first team footy on loan at a lesser club - potential bug

c) refusal to go on a season loan to an affiliate - potential bug

Archived