FAO: All researchers (and generally helpful people)

I wasn't quite sure where to start this thread, but here goes anyway:

By way of a brief introduction I've (very) recently been appointed as the International Officer for the Football Supporters' Federation (www.fsf.org.uk), a fans organisation with which I hope a great deal of you are already somewhat familiar. Part of my role with the FSF is maintaining our Ground Guides for the top 6 tiers of English football (as well as our international ones), ensuring that we have the best and most accurate information on all clubs from the Premier League down to the Conference North and South. As I'm sure you can appreciate, it's something of a herculean task to manage single-handedly, which is where you guys come in.

I've been on these forums for a few years (and continue to be, under another username as a gamer and fan of the FM series), but in my professional guise I'm after some help - our Ground Guide (http://www.fsf.org.uk/ground-guide/index.php) has been somewhat neglected for a while before my appointment, and I have to bring it up to speed, along with a lot of other projects and campaigns that we're currently running.

I'm looking for a contact or contacts at pretty much every club in the land to offer some time to check on what we have, and to lend their local knowledge to creating a genuinely helpful resource on the web for football fans everywhere. Our ground guides cover everything from stadium info, ticket prices and disabled fans' access, to local pubs, sights and slang, and just about anything else you can think of.

I'm in the process of registering on fan forums up and down the web asking for help and input (and also by way of promoting the good work of the FSF, naturally) but had a thought that this place could be a handy resource for finding people who are already giving their time in a noble cause and who might be prepared to help us out.

I didn't want to spam all the club threads with the same message, but if there are any collective email addresses/methods of sending out some information to all researchers I'd be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction/give me a heads-up.

If any of you would like to get involved, feel free to drop me a line at garreth.cummins@fsf.org.uk, or check out your own club's details on http://www.fsf.org.uk/ground-guide/index.php and let us know what's what.

Cheers :)

I can't see a reason why an advertisement thread should be allowed to be open in the data issues forum, when it's clearly not about correcting mistakes in the FM database and actually doesn't have anything to do with FM...

I don't see any other option than the Football Forum. :p

Personally, I don't see any harm in leaving it open in the Research forum where the guys who could actually help out might be.

Advertising, yes, but in a good cause, or so it seems to me.

So who determines what's a good cause? :p

The Data Issue forum is not the Research forum! It's the Data Issue forum...

It's not a forum where researchers meet, it's an organized forum where errors in the data are discussed.

Archived