Players being bought without my knowledge

Hi Guys,

i have an issue that i cant seem to find anybody else having by searching, but maybe if you have you can shed some light or help me out!

Im currently manager of Athletico Madrid, the club has just signed a player i havent even looked at, let alone made a bid for, signed him on a free but at the age of 19 paying him £77,000 per week, on a 5 year contract!!!

The fans are angered at his comments about using the club as a stepping stone to a bigger club, however i have just finished 2nd in La Liga, won the champions league and spanish cup!

This is not the first time it has happened either, now i know i can use something like FMRTE to change his contract and then keep him or release him, but i dont want to have to keep doing this.

Many thanks in advance

Happened to me a few times in FM08. I was managing Ajax and a new player I never heard of joined the team during the summer transfer window in the second season.

The explaination is simple - the player was bought and paid for by the previous manager, but could not join the club before turning 18 or because he was bought outside the transfer window.

hmmm, this sounds like the problem of the club signing blacked out players for massive wages because of your 2nd team or something like that, from what i remember.

Theres a thread somewhere about it.

Pretty big bug.

Sounds strange indeed.

So you are sure that there are no further future transfers arranged from the old manager? No message of interfering chairman (does a interfering buying chairman actually still exist in FM09?) ?

At least, a player who wants to use Atletico as a stepping stone might be a brilliant prospect...

If he was brilliant i wouldnt mind, but a PA of 114????

Definately not a future transfer, well not according to the transfer centre. Not the chairman buying the player, if it is he isnt spending any money, only free transfers and im not getting any messages.

If it is my B team manager why are they not appearing in my B team squad????

Thanks for all your suggestions so far

Archived