Cup draws

How are the cup draws determined on the game? I'm asking this because out of the past 4 seasons, ive drawn Leeds United in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Another trend i've noticed is that most of the games were derby matches, not fierce rivals but general rivals. Here are a few of the ties of the 3rd round -

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Liverpool vs Man United

Hartlepool vs Middlesbrough

Stoke vs Port Vale

Huddersfield vs Leeds

Sheff Utd vs Wednesday

Forest vs Leicester

Chesterfield vs Donny

Blackburn vs Bolton

Wolves vs Villa

Are you all sure this is fixed in the 2nd patch? I have the patch - Im Utd and was just drawn against Stoke in the 3rd round. Arsenal v Chels and Newc v Boro also came out the hat. Maybe just coincidence....

I brought this up in the bugs forum, someone from SI replied and said the update that stops the regionalised draws only comes into effect the following season after the end of season update

I brought this up and was told that 9.2 fixes it, but you have to start a new save.

It was said the patch was save game compatible and the only reason to start a new save was to benefit from the new data update (i.e. Redknapp at Spurs etc)

It was said the patch was save game compatible and the only reason to start a new save was to benefit from the new data update (i.e. Redknapp at Spurs etc)

This was discussed in a previous thread: I asked dafuge if the problem was because I patched, but didn't start a new game.

That will be it. It seems that this one requires a new game to be started with 9.2 to solve the problem.

Regionalisation definitely still happens. Look in the bugs forum, one of the testers said the other day that they thought they had eradicated the problem but are now looking into it again.

• Administrators
I am on a fresh 9.2 save, and it still happened last season.

Thanks for informing us, has this happened everytime you've had a cup draw? We're re-checking this out but the more information we get the more helpful it'll be. Thanks.

• Administrators

This is it, I'm trying to recreate this here in a fresh 9.2 game and it never happens, yet on my continued game which I started in 9.0, in my most recent season the draws were regionalised so we're trying to get to the bottom of this. Are people who are still experiencing this DEFINITELY playing on games started in 9.2? Let me know, thanks.

I am definitely playing a game started on an edited 9.2 database. Could that make any difference? The fact that I edited the database? The only changes I made were just some competition name changes...

Ok on a game that was started with the last patch thus far i've had these draws in the cups:

Carling Cup:

2nd Rd vs Oldham

3rd Rd Vs Blackburn

4th Rd Vs Man Utd

FA Cup:

3rd Vs Blackburn

4th Vs Bolton(haven't played it yet)

Oh this save i'm playing as Man City

Okay I've got one question why can't it just be random, I'm no programmer but randomising seems very easy to implement just like when you have the managers wizard at the start of your game, you select random this should just be implemented into the cup draws but on a broader scale.

Archived