Young reserves unavailable for loan

Hello,

I am playing Nancy, and in the first season I loaned Fran Merida (Arsenal) and Franco Bolzoni (Inter Milan) for the season. Both became integral players and helped me finish 2nd.

In the second season I attempted to loan the players again without success.

At one stage Arsenal asked £12.5m for a season's loan, I got a similar demand from Inter Milan. I installed 9.2 and I think that resolved the loan fee issue, my subsequent loan bids were rejected with the response the player is unavaialble 'due to first team commitments' etc. Fair enough, but 6 months later in the January window I've tried again note that neither has played for the first team in a single match fopr their clubs yet I get the same response.

In the end it comes down to the player, they may see another stint at your club a waste of time as said above. Or it may be that even though they arent first team options they still are regarded highly by the management.

No it wasn't the players rejecting a move, the clubs didn't accept the loan bids due to first team commitments and neither player had played for the clubs before January not even as sub (both in the reserve squads)
. Or it may be that even though they arent first team options they still are regarded highly by the management.

Read as above

Indeed, the current loan system is not good enough. I think the FM08 was poor with transfers but was good with loans. It was easy to loan good players out and to get loans of reserve players.

Currently it seems to be the reverse: I believe the transfer system is somewhat good, except for the fact that there are too many players that many clubs will not sell except for absurd amounts of money (130M Euros? come on!) but the loan system is pretty poor: almost impossible to loan good players out, except to pretty poor clubs and not so easy to loan players who seldom or never see any first team action.

Archived