Fm whon't run on my new laptop!!the game fine

hi guy's i am hopping you will help me i have a new laptop a Samsung NC10 i have installed the game fine, had a couple of problems activating the thing because i wasn't runing it has a administrator, but solved that, then when i click on the game the laptop stay's the same there is no fm windown suggesting it isn't running, so i click on the logo to start the game again and it say's the game is runing so i do a ctrl alt delete, go to the task manager, and the game is there running. any idea for this? surely can't be the graphics card it has a 2.7 ratting from vista ultimate, my other laptops where the game runs haven't got that much for it!!! help please!!!

The same error keeps happening in my comp everytime I try to run FM2009 and it says the following message: "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml"

I tried to look for the folders "settings" and cache like some people advised me but it didn't work, because those precise folders do not exist in my comp.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this error???

many thanks in advance

diogre

well the laptop came in xp, installed vista and i myself got all the vista drivers, so the graphic card is right. i am going to go and get the latest direct X on all the computers i have the game installed i will let you know if it works. how ever i do believe the specs in my laptop are okay. it is a samsung nc10 it is a netbook, 1.6 processor, with 2gb of ram, and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950 i reckon it should be okay right? and yea i have had a problem like the guy up top said with malformations, he should search the forum there is a solution prety easy to run, even for some one with no knowledge of computer based systems.

Just go to the shortcut of fm09 and right click on the exe file and select properties. Then add -windowed - small_screen to target after ". Make sure there is a space before - windowed and between -windowed and -small_screen. There should be no " at the end of -windowed -small_screen. If not check this address; http://www.sammynetbook.com/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?7602

Archived