prefered moves and tutoring question

I was wondering if anyone has seen any positive results from a player from having him learn a new move. The reason I am asking is bc when a player is learning a new move his training workload is reduced soo is it really worth it???

Secondly is the tutoring feauture really effective?? Does it raise the attributes of a youngster even more?? And how will I know the tutoring will be beneficial and wont the two players end up disliking each other. For example I had a player who was described as similar type to Heinze learn from him and the player said he was unsure of the benefit.

Tutoring for me raises the mental attributes of the player in the mould of the tutor, which can be good or bad depending. Ignore if they say that they are unsure, usually they learn from the tutor anyway.

Learning PPM's do have positive results, a Striker i had constantly blasted the ball at the keeper, useually ending up being over, so i said for him to place it, turned into my top scorer.

Tutoring for me raises the mental attributes of the player in the mould of the tutor, which can be good or bad depending. Ignore if they say that they are unsure, usually they learn from the tutor anyway.

Learning PPM's do have positive results, a Striker i had constantly blasted the ball at the keeper, useually ending up being over, so i said for him to place it, turned into my top scorer.

Well, I ended up with three players who disliked each other. My whole squad became slightly concerned about the lack of harmony and I had to sell three good players for low prices. So I say be careful before trying to tutor someone.

Haha you sold them? you numpty.

Well, they are out on loan for the rest of the season. two of them with a selling clause. My wage bill was way too high, so it wasn't the worst thing I've ever done anyway. It made the choice of who to sell a lot easier :). One of them was a jerk anyway always complaining and skipping training sessions.

All my Prefered moves fail miserably :(

it generally works best with youth & players who like you. But take into consideration there personallity aswell.

Its stupid to ask a defender to always go forwards, so try keep prefered moves to resemble the pLAYER.

I always try to learn preferred moves to every player when I think it makes any sense for them. When they reject, I save a note and I know I won't have to try again. As far as I know, there isn't a penalty for proposing a player to learn a pm.

I always try to learn preferred moves to every player when I think it makes any sense for them. When they reject, I save a note and I know I won't have to try again. As far as I know, there isn't a penalty for proposing a player to learn a pm.

Rejected once doesn't mean never, if you build up a good relationship with the player over time you can ask them again.

if you want a gap in your defence, its your tactics matey.

Well, I think Danny Blind would have had that PM in the good old CL-winning Ajax days. When the opponent had the ball, he was a solid defender but when Ajax had the ball, he became some sort of attacking midfielder. He was quite dangerous and the gave the opponent headaches about how to defend him.

But I must admit that it isn't the smartest PM for most defenders.

But I must admit that it isn't the smartest PM for most defenders.

Excactly the point i was trying to make. Yes it does work with some players/tactics etc. But it doesnt always work with everybody.

Archived