Signing an older player as a PLAYER!

Okay so I have always found this a problem but finally decided I needed to post it; as I am in desperate need of cover for my 2 injured first choice centre backs. I offered a transfer fee and it was accepted and then when I come to offer him a contract I can only offer him a staff contract. I can find nowhere to change it to a player contract.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? This only happens with players who have both Playing profiles and staff profiles.

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

Not seen that myself, normally they don't deem the club I am managing worthy enough, to be honest maybe they just don't fancy it, that's normally the case when it happens with me. You could look else where, maybe even a loanee even a temporary loanee may be of use. Looks like there is no chance that they're gonna play for you.

Not seen that myself, normally they don't deem the club I am managing worthy enough, to be honest maybe they just don't fancy it, that's normally the case when it happens with me. You could look else where, maybe even a loanee even a temporary loanee may be of use. Looks like there is no chance that they're gonna play for you.

Its weird. Player is only 34 and scout report says he is extremely interested in joining. However, he is not interested in a staff contract whatsoever.

So when you go to offer him a contract, where it says his position (Coach/player/etc.) above the wage options, can you click on that drop down menu at all? There is no option to change it to player or any other staff position?

That is odd, tbh I aint got a clue what might be the cause of this, have you had a look through the bugs forum for anything similar? If not, it wouldn't hurt to do that and if nothing is there, post it up there

will do mate. Thanks for helping. Not looked yet as was hoping I was being a complete dunce

will do mate. Thanks for helping. Not looked yet as was hoping I was being a complete dunce

No problem mate :thup:

And don't worry about posting stuff up here that you think may be an issue, the majority of the time you will get wonderful people such as myself and pyewackett to either try to solve it or point you in the right direction to get help

It's a simple problem. They've decided they're retiring at the end of the season, and have staff abilities, so you can only offer them staff contracts.

Just checked and your correct. Thanks for clearing it up for me

Although should it not be possible (im in the january transfer window) to sign a player for the last 6 months of his career.

Archived