reserve/youth team manager option

Hey Guys

Not sure if this has been brought up before but here I go. For a new feature in FM10 I thought it would be cool if it could be possible to start off as a youth/reserve team manager before going into first team management, this could also work the same at international level being the manager of the u21/u19 levels etc.

Would appreciate your feedback :)

I see where your coming from and it could work but IMO it would limit the game quite alot for the period you were doing this. You would have little control over your players, signings, training, and staff. You would be reliant on an AI manager and we know that at the moment these are unpredictable.

Maybe the idea would work at international level but im not sure about it at club level. International level would open up some new competitions to win which is always a bonus.

Hey Guys

Not sure if this has been brought up before but here I go. For a new feature in FM10 I thought it would be cool if it could be possible to start off as a youth/reserve team manager before going into first team management, this could also work the same at international level being the manager of the u21/u19 levels etc.

Would appreciate your feedback :)

I would like to have the option to be an assistant manager before going into management. I think it would be cool if you had to reach a certain level (experience points) before you could apply for a managerial position. Also you could go back and work under someone like Sir Alex for a season to get your points up and reputation up.

I see where your coming from and it could work but IMO it would limit the game quite alot for the period you were doing this. You would have little control over your players, signings, training, and staff. You would be reliant on an AI manager and we know that at the moment these are unpredictable.

Maybe the idea would work at international level but im not sure about it at club level. International level would open up some new competitions to win which is always a bonus.

yh but isn't that what happens in real life anyway do you think that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Paul McGuinness (reserve & u18 managers at manchester united) get much if any say in what signings they get for there teams, I'm sure it's only Sir Alex that gets to buy the players. I know what your saying about it would limit the game but I would see it as more of a challenge :)

I think this would be a brilliant idea. I know you wouldn't be able to sign the players you want but the manager could ask your opinion on things. I dont think you should have to start every game that way but it could definitely be an option!

Great idea!

Archived