SERIOUS HELP: AKINFEEV's contract is expiring but CSKA still wants compensation

This never happened before...

It was always a bit awkward buying players from Russian leagues since their contracts usually expire at their end of season (December window) but this time Akinfeev's contract is expiring at 15th December, and I was able to offer him contract, he is interested, and we agree on price, but all of a sudden I see that I need to pay $11,500,000 compensation fee to CSKA (this comes up at the details of his contract offer screen with other details) and because of that my funds are not enough... BUT WHY ON EARTH I NEED TO PAY COMPENSATION TO A PLAYERS CLUB WHEN HIS ACTUAL CONTRACT IS EXPIRING?

is this a bug?

Should I take the risk, cancel the contract offer and wait till hoping that he will be totally out of contract at 15th December, pray that nobody else gets him and that time there wont be any compensation??

seriously guys... I WANT THIS GUY, I NEED THIS GUY SO MUCH, thru the years he was my dream transfer, this is the closest I got signing him, I am saving up the game and waiting for your feedback first before I do anything stupid

THANKS!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This never happened before...

It was always a bit awkward buying players from Russian leagues since their contracts usually expire at their end of season (December window) but this time Akinfeev's contract is expiring at 15th December, and I was able to offer him contract, he is interested, and we agree on price, but all of a sudden I see that I need to pay $11,500,000 compensation fee to CSKA (this comes up at the details of his contract offer screen with other details) and because of that my funds are not enough... BUT WHY ON EARTH I NEED TO PAY COMPENSATION TO A PLAYERS CLUB WHEN HIS ACTUAL CONTRACT IS EXPIRING?

is this a bug?

Should I take the risk, cancel the contract offer and wait till hoping that he will be totally out of contract at 15th December, pray that nobody else gets him and that time there wont be any compensation??

seriously guys... I WANT THIS GUY, I NEED THIS GUY SO MUCH, thru the years he was my dream transfer, this is the closest I got signing him, I am saving up the game and waiting for your feedback first before I do anything stupid

THANKS!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

why are you mixing your post up with CAPS and normal text? Am sure it is because he is under 24 years old.

Why am I mixing Caps with Normal Text? no reason, why is it forbidden?

Thanks guys,

Cavenagh Thanks, he is over 24 now, I think thats because of Russian system

BUT,

Do you reckon if I wait till 15th December and if he is still around and didnt agree with CSKA, can I approach him without paying that money? or is his contract keep rolling month by month without really making him a true free agent? (I dont have 11,5 in the bank otherwise I would pay it for sure!!!)

Why am I mixing Caps with Normal Text? no reason, why is it forbidden?

No but it's considered rude online. Like you are shouting.

Plus, it may just be me, but I find it harder to read than lower case.

Good luck with Akinfeev, although he has been a let down for me :(

amazing GK, I paid 22m for him and I am playing Dnipro, you have to pay compensation for various reasons posted above and it is definately not a bug but getting him for that money is cheap and I suggest you offload few squad members to afford him, well worth it if you ask me :)

thanks man, I am just keeping the contract offer intact by delaying the transfer (since I cant offer the fee, it asks me to delay it) and by the time delay is over its gonna be over December 15th, I am assuming he will go completely free and then I will be able to offer him another contract without the compensation, by this way maybe I am stopping others agreeing with him?

I just got him after his contract expired on 15th Dec, I am so happy!!!

He is amazing...

one more question, I have another amazing player I bought about 2 years ago, luckily I have him for 5 year contract so everyone wants him now, and Atletico Madrid just did an offer, what's the best way to keep him without making him upset, should I negogiate to an offer to ridiculous, (atletico madrid offered 30m, maybe I can say cash up front 60Million?) so this would keep him in the club without making sad since Atletico wouldnt pay that money?

what's the best way to keep him without making him upset,

If you just raise the asking price, after an initial offer, you still risk him getting mad at you. This is if he says he's interested in leaving your club (you can see this on the other club's offer page). He will say that he's unhappy because you didn't allow you to talk to the other club.

What you can do, and is efective in my experience, is to offer him a new contract. See what he asks and if it's OK with you, do it. I find that, this way, even if they were interested in leaving, they will not get upset because, after all, they just got a new contract and that's what players want, right?

As a safeguard, what you can do is to pre-establish really high fees for your most important players. I do this for my stars, which I don't really want to sell. I place the maximum (62M Euros) and this, usually, keeps everybody at bay, i.e. nobody offers to buy them.

P.S.: Speaking of GKs, I have Sebastien Frey, Akinfeev, Carrizo, Asenjo and Ochoa (I'm a bit overloaded, I know, but I can't resist a good bargain ;) Most of them are now on loan). Frey is with me since the start (I'm on my 5th season) and he's really an amazing GK. He's king of ones-on-ones and really fits the way my team plays (attack and lots of space behind the defense). Since he's the oldest of the 5, the reason I'm trying all those other ones, is to prepare his replacement, when he hangs his boots. But it seems no one will really replace him until he does retire. He's really, really good.

zapatero thanks for the tips

I actually never had an asking price for this guy, and I never put him to transfer list,

His name is Keirrison and I transferred him in 2010 from Coritiba, he is been an amazing asset although I paid about 18M dollars

now its just a suddenly people are interested in him in the December transfer window so I will just set an asking price of 80 million dollars and negogiate this offer, what I am afraid of is usually when there is an offer like 40 million 'the board takes over, and accepts the offer by themselves' which happened before.

I actually never had an asking price for this guy, and I never put him to transfer list,

His name is Keirrison and I transferred him in 2010 from Coritiba, he is been an amazing asset although I paid about 18M dollars

now its just a suddenly people are interested in him in the December transfer window so I will just set an asking price of 80 million dollars and negogiate this offer, what I am afraid of is usually when there is an offer like 40 million 'the board takes over, and accepts the offer by themselves' which happened before.

The trick to avoid the board selling him is to set his value to £0 in the transfer status screen (don't actually transfer list him, just set his value). Then other clubs will offer £0 for him, and your board won't complain about you rejecting it (though the player might still be unhappy, but that's unavoidable).

With regards to Kerrison i would cash in at about 30-40million and then buy suitable replacements. You will make a good profit aswell as strengthening your attack force with the boosted transfer fund.

But if you are determind to keep him there alter is squad position if not Key player already. Aswell as offering him a new long contract. Praising him aswell would help.

Well you already got your man so this is not directed at you, but in general it's a good idea to scout the players who are almost at the point where you can approach to sign them. You will very often see very low minimum prices suggested by the scouts and I have picked some great bargains using this method. This is especially useful when the player in question is likely to recieve lots of offers when he can be approached for free (usually 6 months before the contract expires). I got Akinfeev for about 2,5M this way. Players also demand lower wages when bought than they do when approached to sign for free due to an expiring contract. It doesn't always work though, some players "realize" their contract is due to expire and won't want to sign for anyone before seeing what offers they get. Ribery was an example of this in my game, I tried buying him for about 12M from Bayern about 7 months before his contract was going to expire. Bayern accepted (because Ribery wasn't going to sign a new contract with them) but his agent told me the usual "client isn't willing to discuss term at this time although he might want to so in the future...." In the end though I got him for free and his value jumped from about 6M to 43M and he is playing superbly :)

Archived