Problem starting a new game

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (i did a search but couldnt see anything). I got FM09 for christmas and, as you do when you get an FM, i have been starting games, deciding the team i have chosen isnt for me and starting again! What i have found is that often, when i start a new game, when choosing which team i want to manage i click on a teams name, then click on the "information" option on the left hand menu to see who their rivals are etc and the game freezes. It doesnt load up the teams strips (it says 1st strip, 2nd strip etc but the picture of the strip doesnt appear beneath). At first it only did it once or twice but now it is doing it every time i try and see a teams information- is there any way of preventing this?

i have only been trying to start games in the english leagues. i clicked on gateshead, saw their squad and clicked "information" (to see if it knew about their rivalry with newcastle) and the game froze. It also did it when i clicked on the information option whilst viewing the birmingham city squad and, when this kept happening, i decided to start a game with QPR (i just clicked their name and went selected "take control" without looking at the information screen. After a month of being in the job i thought id try clicking the information button and it froze again. Im not too sure whats up with it, but before today i have been able to start games and havent had much bother

Archived